PROSE AWARD for Torsvik & Cocks "Earth History and Paleogeography"
Feb. 12, 2018 9:51 AM
The PROSE Awards annually recognize the very best in professional and scholarly publishing by bringing attention to distinguished books, journals, and electronic content in 58 categories.
More about water drainage from the surface into the deep Earth
Feb. 6, 2018 4:17 PM
CEED`s PhD student Krister S. Karlsen is interviewed Wednesday 7 February by NRK Radio P2 EKKO about water stored in the mantle. The story is connected to an interview by Yngve Vogt in Apollon 5 th of February 2017, where CEED`s Postdoc Valentna Magni tells about her research. Krister works with Professor Clint Conrad on a related topic for his PhD degree.
Arctic heat flow, do we have a North Pole thermal anomaly?
Feb. 8, 2018 9:31 AM
The Earth is cooling. It is losing heat that is/was formed by the radioactive decay of isotopes, as well as from the heat that was formed during planetary accretion. Heat flow thus underpins all aspects of Earth’s evolution and processes including mantle convection and plate tectonics. Heat flow measurements are useful in that they provide a snapshot into the thermal state at a given location. Steady state surface heat flow (whether that be from the seafloor or on land) varies around the world, and depends on a number of factors including the tectonic setting.
Magmatic activity in Brazil linked to one of the Earth's largest mass extinctions
Feb. 2, 2018 4:54 PM
The End-Triassic extinction is one of the largest mass extinctions in the history of Earth. It has been hypothesized that greenhouse gases released from volcanic activity of the Central Atlantic Magmatic Province (CAMP) triggered the extinction. New models in a recent study demonstrate that large-scale gas generation followed the sill emplacement of CAMP in sedimentary basins in northern Brazil.
CEED - titan.uio.no
- Jordens indre sluker verdenshav Feb. 7, 2018 8:08 AM
- Kilden til verdens største slamutbrudd er funnet Dec. 8, 2017 4:46 PM
- Skigåing i lavlandet kan gi saktere aldring – relativt sett Dec. 6, 2017 6:36 PM
- Low-altitude skiing can slow down ageing - relativistically Dec. 6, 2017 6:34 PM
- Hvorfor forsvant Jordens forhistoriske hav? Nov. 9, 2017 7:42 AM
- Why did the Earth’s ancient oceans disappear? Nov. 9, 2017 7:38 AM
- Bigger is better, according to neighbour disputes written in stone Sep. 7, 2017 9:11 AM
- Varmere klima er bra for soppsesongen Aug. 31, 2017 9:17 AM
- Global mean sea level rise accelerates faster than previously thought July 6, 2017 6:00 AM
- Nabokrangel skrevet i stein viser at det er best å være størst! July 3, 2017 9:41 AM