Poster session at the General Assembly in Feb. 2017.
DEEP offers intensive courses, workshops and research and travel grants. DEEP also arranges a General Assembly once a year.
Want to register as a member or associate to participate in our activities? Follow this link
University intensive courses
The courses listed below are offered as DEEP official courses. If you are a DEEP PhD member and accepted to follow any of these courses, we cover travel and living costs if you have to travel to participate.
University of Oslo
- GEO-DEEP9100 - Planetary Physics and Global Tectonics
- GEO-DEEP9200 - Deep Earth and Planetary Mineralogy and Dynamics
- GEO-DEEP9300 - Lithosphere and Asthenosphere: Composition and Evolution
- GEO-DEEP9400 - Solid Earth – Fluid Earth Interaction
- GEO-DEEP9500 - Special topics on Dynamics and Evolution of the Earth and Planets
For the DEEP courses offered at UiO you apply by filling out an online application form. The form will be made available through the links above in good time before the course is taught. If you lack a study right at UiO, you will be able to apply for a visiting PhD study right in the same form.
University of Tromsø
You have to apply officially through UiT within 1 December to take part in their courses as a visiting PhD student.
University of Bergen
You have to apply officially through UiB to take part in their courses as a visiting PhD student. Contact the Department of Earth Science at UiB for information regarding student status and participation possibility.
DEEP will offer topical seminars/workshops every year through the seminar series GEO-DEEP9500 covering frontier topics related to the DEEP themes.
Outreach and soft skills workshops
The following courses and workshops are planned:
Workshops offered earlier:
- Your academic career: Building your academic CV and writing successful project proposals, June 2017
- Workshop: Writing for Scholars, January 2017
- Mentor day, October 2016
Every year DEEP will invite all members and associates to our General Assembly. This is an opportunity for practicing research outreach and networking. We will offer small courses and invite interesting speakers.