Ane Mari Bjørnæs
I am working in the administration with handling:
- Travel and subsistence claim forms
- Expense refund forms,
- Fees and salaries etc.
As part of the administrative group at CEES I also assist in:
- Booking flights and hotels
- Arranging meetings and conferences
- Greeting and assisting new arrivals at the centre
- Selling pods for the coffee machine
- Helping out where I am needed
I have a master’s degree in evolutionary biology and biodiversity from CEES, where I worked with Anne K. Brysting, Eli K. Rueness, Anagaw Atickem and Nils Chr. Stenseth on the molecular phylogeny of the endemic Ethiopian Bale monkey. I have since worked as a research assistant on projects related to Ethiopian mammals, doing molecular work in the CEES labs. I have also had a one-year position at Oslo University Hospital’s Newborn Screening Unit, a brief temporary position in the Reception at the Department of Biosciences, and now I am happy to be working with all the brilliant people at CEES.