Ane Mari Bjørnæs
I handle many tasks, including:
- Editing webpages
- Announcing and arranging seminars and workshops
- Flight- and hotel bookings for external visitors
- Arranging meetings and conferences, including the Student Conference
- Researcher Housing applications
- Greeting and assisting new arrivals at the centre
- Selling pods for the coffee machine
If you need assistance with the following, please contact the relevant person in the Accounting Department.
- Fees and salaries (including assignment forms)
- Purchase orders
- Travel and subsistence claim forms
- Expense refund forms and advance applications
I have an MSc in evolutionary biology and biodiversity from CEES, where I worked with Anne K. Brysting, Eli K. Rueness, Anagaw Atickem and Nils Chr. Stenseth on the molecular phylogeny of the endemic Ethiopian Bale monkey. I have since worked as a research assistant on a few projects related to Ethiopian mammals, doing molecular work in the CEES labs. I have also had a one-year position as head engineer at Oslo University Hospital’s Newborn Screening Unit, a brief temporary position in the Reception at the Department of Biosciences, and now I am happy to be back with all the brilliant people at CEES!