Even Sannes Riiser
I started as a PhD student at CEES October 1st 2014. My work in the ComparaCod project involves metagenomic analysis of the microbial composition in teleost intestines, under the supervision of Deputy Chair Sissel Jentoft and researcher Bastiaan Star. As part of the multidisiplinary Centre for Computational Inference in Evolutionary Life Sciences (CELS) I aim to cooperate closely with PhDs and researchers from within the fields of statistics and informatics.
I finished my Master’s degree in plant molecular genetics at the Institute for Molecular Biosciences, University of Oslo in June 2009. My thesis described ligand-receptor interactions regulating cell separation in Arabidopsis thaliana. From 2009 I was working as a technician at the Norwegian Institute for Agricultural and Environmental Research. My work here involved research on Dengue fever vaccine production in tobacco plants, development and application of plant pathogen diagnostics, and DNA barcoding of plants, insects and bacteria. I was also involved in the transcriptional analysis of earthworms exposed to different pesticides.
I am from the village of Nevlunghavn, sited at the coast not far from Larvik/Stavern. I enjoy boating and fishing (including for cod), especially along the beautiful nature of the Vestfold coast. I am a dedicated hunter, and I also enjoy playing the guitar. As a molecular biologist with a high interest in bioinformatics, I am looking forward to working at CEES.
- Bagi, Andrea; Riiser, Even Sannes; Molland, Hilde Steine; Star, Bastiaan; Haverkamp, Thomas Hendricus Augustus; Sydnes, Magne Olav & Pampanin, Daniela Maria (2018). Gastrointestinal microbial community changes in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) exposed to crude oil. BMC Microbiology. ISSN 1471-2180. 18(1) . doi: 10.1186/s12866-018-1171-2
- Pampanin, Daniela Maria; Bagi, Andrea; Riiser, Even Sannes; Star, Bastiaan; Haverkamp, Thomas Hendricus Augustus; Sydnes, Magne Olav & Molland, Hilde Steine (2017). Gastrointestinal microbial community changes in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) exposed to crude oil.
- Riiser, Even Sannes (2017). Intestinal microbiome of two Atlantic cod ecotypes along the Norwegian coast uncovered by metagenomic shotgun sequencing.
- Riiser, Even Sannes (2016). The intestinal microbiome of Atlantic cod: A limited number of bacterial strains prevail over an extended geographical range.
- Riiser, Even Sannes (2015). Metagenomanalyse. NBS-nytt. ISSN 0801-3535.
- Riiser, Even Sannes (2015). The Atlantic cod Microbiome Project.
- Riiser, Even Sannes (2015). The Atlantic cod microbiome project.
- Riiser, Even Sannes; Star, Bastiaan & Jentoft, Sissel (2015). The Atlantic cod Microbiome Project.
- Brurberg, May Bente; Sønderkær, Mads; Skogen, Monica; Riiser, Even Sannes; Le, Vinh; Dees, Merete & Nielsen, Kåre Lehman (2014). Transcriptome analysis of potato tubers during infection with Phytophtora infestans.
- Dees, Merete; Sønderkær, Mads; Skogen, Monica; Riiser, Even Sannes; Le, Vinh; Nielsen, Kåre Lehman & Brurberg, May Bente (2014). Transcriptome analysis of potato tubers during infection with Phytophthora infestans. Potato Research. ISSN 0014-3065. 57, s 179- 180