My general research interest is zooplankton ecology and population responses to various environmental changes. In order to investigate this topic I use different modelling approaches on observed and simulated data of zooplankton population. In my previous work I used statistics and behaviour modelling to study the effect of changing light environment on zooplankton population in Norwegian fjords, and statistical modelling to study the long term changes in space and time of the copepods Calanus finmarchicus/helgolandicus in the Norwegian Sea.
I have been sitting at CEES for the past two years (2014-2016) as a guest post-doctoral fellow from the Institute of Marine Research in Bergen (Norway). I have now joined CEES on the project OILCOM (lead by Øystein Langangen) as of 1st of September 2016. In this project, I will be investigating how cohorts of Early Life Stages of cod respond in space and time to shifting fields of natural mortality in the Barents Sea. For this I will apply simple mortality models on simulated drift trajectories of particules along the Norwegian coast.
- Dupont, Nicolas; Bagøien, Espen & Melle, Webjørn Raunsgård (2017). Inter-annual variability in spring abundance of adult Calanus finmarchicus from the overwintering population in the southeastern Norwegian Sea. Progress in Oceanography. ISSN 0079-6611. 152, s 75- 85 . doi: 10.1016/j.pocean.2017.02.004
- Dupont, Nicolas & Aksnes, Dag Lorents (2013). Centennial changes in water clarity of the Baltic Sea and the North Sea. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science. ISSN 0272-7714. 131, s 282- 289 . doi: 10.1016/j.ecss.2013.08.010 Full text in Research Archive
- Urtizberea, Agurtzane; Dupont, Nicolas; Rosland, Rune & Aksnes, Dag Lorents (2013). Sensitivity of euphotic zone properties to CDOM variations in marine ecosystem models. Ecological Modelling. ISSN 0304-3800. 256, s 16- 22 . doi: 10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2013.02.010 Full text in Research Archive
- Dupont, Nicolas & Aksnes, Dag Lorents (2012). Effects of bottom depth and water clarity on the vertical distribution of Calanus spp. Journal of Plankton Research. ISSN 0142-7873. 34(3), s 263- 266 . doi: 10.1093/plankt/fbr096
- Dupont, Nicolas & Aksnes, Dag Lorents (2010). Simulation of optically conditioned retention and mass occurrences of Periphylla periphylla. Journal of Plankton Research. ISSN 0142-7873. 32(6), s 773- 783 . doi: 10.1093/plankt/fbq015
- Aksnes, Dag Lorents; Dupont, Nicolas; Staby, Arved; Fiksen, Øyvind; Kaartvedt, Stein & Aure, Jan (2009). Coastal water darkening and implications for mesopelagic regime shifts in Norwegian fjords. Marine Ecology Progress Series. ISSN 0171-8630. 387, s 39- 49 . doi: 10.3354/meps08120
- Dupont, Nicolas; Klevjer, Thor A.; Kaartvedt, Stein & Aksnes, Dag Lorents (2009). Diel vertical migration of the deep-water jellyfish Periphylla periphylla simulated as individual responses to absolute light intensity. Limnology and Oceanography. ISSN 0024-3590. 54(5), s 1765- 1775
- Durant, Joel Marcel; Langangen, Øystein & Dupont, Nicolas (2017). Barents Sea cod larvae survival and match-mismatch.
- Dupont, Nicolas; Bagøien, Espen & Melle, Webjørn Raunsgård (2016). Long-term trends and variability in spring development of Calanus finmarchicus in the southeastern Norwegian Sea during 1996-2012.
- Dupont, Nicolas; Stige, Leif Christian; Bagøien, Espen & Melle, Webjørn Raunsgård (2016). Long-term trends and seasonal patterns for Calanus finmarchicus and Calanus helgolandicus in the Coastal Water off southwest Norway during 1996-2012.
- Dupont, Nicolas (2010). Water clarity as a forcing factor of marine ecosystems .