International Statistical Ecology Conference
International Statistical Ecology Conference 2012, 3-6 July 2012, Sundvolden Hotel, Krokkleiva (40 minutes outside of Oslo)
This conference will convene experts from around the world to present and discuss issues of interest to ecological statisticians and biologists. Pre-conference workshops will take place 30 June - 3 July.
- Nils Chr. Stenseth, University of Oslo: Opening remarks
- Steinar Engen, Norwegian University of Science and Technology: Stochastic age-structured modelling; dynamics, genetics and estimation. Abstract
- Rachel Fewster, University of Auckland: Genetics in statistical ecology. Abstract
- Joanna Mills Flemming, Dalhousie University: The Ocean Tracking Network: visualization tools and novel analyses for acoustic tracking data. Abstract
- Otso Ovaskainen, University of Helsinki: The analysis of spatial data: individual movements and species and community models. Abstract
- André Punt, University of Washington: Estimating precautionary thresholds for US west coast fisheries. Abstract
- Andy Royle, Patuxent Wildlife Research Centre: Incorporating auxiliary spatial information in capture-recapture models. Abstract
- Len Thomas, University of St. Andrews: The future of statistical ecology. Abstract
In addition to a wide range of session topics for contributed talks, there will be two special sessions with invited talks:
- Statistical approaches to paleobiological questions, chaired by Lee Hsiang Liow
- The development and use of statistical methodology in fisheries research, chaired byMark Maunder
Thanks for a great conference!
Jul 7, 2012 10:38 PM
35 countries represented
Jun 29, 2012 06:52 AM
227 delegates from 35 countries are represented at the conference!
Workshops now open for all
May 3, 2012 12:52 PM
The 'Hierarchical modelling and R-package unmarked' workshop is full. The other workshops are now open also for those who do not wish to attend the conference.
Abstracts now available
Mar 28, 2012 04:22 AM
Lists of titles and abstracts are now available. The full conference programme is expected to be available in late May. Presenters must confirm their participation by registering before the 1 May deadline.
Stipends for participants from developing countries
Dec 13, 2011 11:19 AM
Call for applications is now closed. Applicants will be notified about the decision by the selection committee in late February.
Registration now open!
Dec 8, 2011 10:51 PM
The conference is now open for registration. We have tried to make the conference as student friendly as possible by negotiating extra low rates at the conference hotel. Daily lunch and dinner, as well as wine reception and conference dinner is included in he registration fee!