Green Growth based on Marine Resources: Ecological and Socio-Economic Constraints
For detailed information about GreenMar see their website.
About the project
The project overall aim is to support the Nordic societies in developing new and sustainable solutions fostering green growth through:
- Building further on strengths achieved within Nordic research cooperation on Climate, Energy and the Environment
- Strengthening the cooperation between the various themes under the TRI
- Consolidating the interaction between society, academia and the industry within these fields
The specific objectives of the projects are to provide knowledge needed to secure sustainable use of marine ecosystems in a time of climatic changes and economic expansion through investigating
- The response of marine ecosystems to multiple stress factors
- Knowledge needed for marine climate scenario projections
- Response for user groups to climate change
- Welfare affects in terms of equity and green - versus unsustainable growth
- Conflict and conflict resolution among resource user
- What knowledge is needed to make informed decisions to transform an era of climate change with unsustainable growth into an era of green growth.
This project is funded by Nordforsk.
See GreenMar webpage for a complete list.
01.04.2014 - 31.03.2017