We are looking for MN Buddy Coordinator 2017
Are you an enthusiastic student who value a positive learning environment? Would you like to give new students their best possible start at our Faculty? Are you proud of the student activities and culture at MN? We are looking for you.
Buddy Coordinator for International Buddies
The coordinator will be paid NOK 7.500,- in September. Some volunteer work is expected.
The engagement starts as soon as possible and lasts until 01.12.2017.
The coordinator will be given a thorough training.
We would like to increase the focus on acitivities for new international students, in regards to a positive starting point, as well as good integration with Norwegian and other students later on. The coordinator for international buddies at MN is the link between the Faculty administration and the international buddies.
This spring the main tasks are:
- Recruit enough buddies to new international students in August - main working period is May, so you must be available even though you have exams.
- Plan and execute kick-off meeting with the buddies in beginning of August, and ensure good communication with all the involved
- Participate in the UiO seminar for buddy coordinators (May)
- Plan and execute the social arrangements for new international students in August - you must be available from 7 August at the latest.
- Help us recruit a new coordinator for next year, and contribute to training.
Who are we looking for?
- You are a student at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- You are an independent and efficient worker
- You have the ability to network with others and create enthusiasm for the project
- You are both determined and creative
Experience from student volunteer work is an advantage.
How to apply
Send an application with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 9 May 2017.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the deadline.
Semester start coordinator at MN, Ingrid Sand.