I’m currently a PhD student in computational neuroscience at the University of Oslo. I’m studying memory, learning, behavior and neurological disorders from a molecular and cellular point of view. My tools are programming, simulation, visualization and data analysis.
I am involved in the project Computing in Science Education and have been a teaching assistant in the following courses:
- FYS1120 - Electromagnetism
- FYS-MEK1110 - Mechanics
- FYS4411 Computational Physics II: Quantum mechanical systems
- FYS4460 - Disordered systems and percolation
My background includes a bachelor in Materials Science and Nanotechnology and a Master’s degree in Computational Physics, both from the University of Oslo. In my Master’s thesis, I wrote about the challenge of simulating large numbers of atoms with high levels of accuracy. To deal with this issue, I showed how detailed calculations in quantum physics can be bridged to large-scale simulations in molecular dynamics, using artificial neural networks.
- Dragly, Svenn-Arne; Mobarhan, Milad; Solbrå, Andreas Våvang & Tennøe, Simen (2016). Neuronify: An educational app for simulation of neural circuits.
- Hafreager, Anders & Dragly, Svenn-Arne (2016). Atomify - Editing, simulation and visualization in one tool.
- Lepperød, Mikkel Elle; Wigestrand, Mattis B; Lensjø, Kristian Kinden; Frey, M.M.; Dragly, Svenn-Arne; Einevoll, Gaute; Solstad, Trygve; Fyhn, Marianne & Hafting, Torkel (2016). Grid cell network resilient to input-specific medial septum perturbations.
- Mobarhan, Milad; Dragly, Svenn-Arne & Solbrå, Andreas Våvang (2016). Neuronify: an educational app for simulation of neural circuits.
- Mobarhan, Milad; Dragly, Svenn-Arne; Tennøe, Simen & Solbrå, Andreas Våvang (2016). Introduction to Computational Biology with Python.
- Dragly, Svenn-Arne; Ness, Torbjørn Vefferstad; Vervaeke, Koen Gerard Alois & Einevoll, Gaute (2015). Discovering extracellular signatures by modeling of local field potentials.
- Hafreager, Anders & Dragly, Svenn-Arne (2015). Nerver, hjernen og teknologi: Forstå hjernen med programmering.
- Tennøe, Simen; Mobarhan, Milad; Dragly, Svenn-Arne; Solbrå, Andreas Våvang & Langtangen, Hans Petter (2015). CSE: Computing in Science Education.