PhD Research School: Development and Applications of Intelligent Detectors
This German-Norwegian PhD research school aims at developing and applying intelligent detection systems for particle, nuclear and space physics that integrate state-of-the-art information technologies. The German programme is funded by Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft under the International Research Training Group (IRTG) program
The Research School links expertise from Ruprecht-Karls-Universität, Heidelberg, University of Bergen, University College Bergen and the University of Oslo.
Scientific program period 2015 -
- IRTG Research School, Oslo
Tentative topic and date:
"Silicon detectors and applications"
- IRTG Research School, Bergen, 9-13 Nov 2015
"High Performance Computing"
Info: Ketil Røed <firstname.lastname@example.org> and
Scientific program period 2005-2014
- IRTG Lecture Week, Bergen, 6-9 Oct 2014 :
"Monte Carlo Transport Code in Medical Physics"
- IRTG Spring School 2013, Heidelberg, 29 Apr - 3 May 2013 :
"Particle Detectors at their limits"
Additional information at the following URL, which also serves as registration interface.
- IRTG Fall School 2012, Bergen, 15-19 Oct 2012 :
"Sensor operation in harsh and remote environments"
- IRTG Spring School 2012, Heidelberg, 07-11 May 2012 :
"Physics of Rare Probes"
- IRTG Workshop Andøya Rocket Range / NAROM, 3-8 October : Program (PDF)
- Lectures : use Workshop ARR 2011 link on the left
Rocket launch 6 Oct 2011
- IRTG Workshop Bergen 2-6 May : Applications of nuclear and particle physics methods to medical physics
- IRTG Fall School Heidelberg cancelled due to IRTG ARR Workshop 3-8 October
- IRTG Spring School Heidelberg 10-14 May : First Experience and Results from LHC
- IRTG Fall School Heidelberg 1-5 Nov : Radiation Tolerant Detectors in High Energy Physics
- IRTG Lecture week Bergen 9-12 March : Programming of Multi-core Systems
- IRTG Workshop Oslo 28 Sep - 1 Oct : Physical Electronics - Micro- and Nano-system and workplan
- IRTG Topical Workshop Heidelberg 25-27 Sep : Intelligent Detectors - Present - Future
- IRTG Lecture week Bergen 11-15 April : Data Acquisition and Trigger Systems
- IRTG Workshop Oslo 17-18 Sep : 3D-detectors and Electronics
- IRTG Lecture week Oslo 6-10 March : Introduction to High Energy Particle and Nuclear Physics
- IRTG Lecture week Heidelberg 3-7 Oct : Frontiers of Particle Identification