This is a list of BATE projects financed by the Norwegian research council.
- THERMIO - Thermoelectrics for Industrial Applications. 2016-2020, an innovation and education cluster financed by University of Oslo (UiO) and employing 4 research fellows (1 post-doc and 3 PhD candidates).The candidates spend 25% of their time - 1 years out of the 4 - on innovation, mostly in connection with companies involved in research, as materials producers, component, module, and system producers, or end users. Project leader: Truls Norby, Department of Chemistry.
- THELMA - thermoelectric materials. Nanostructuring for improving the energy efficiency of thermoelectric generators and heat-pumps. 2014-2018, 40 MNOK from the Norwegian Research COuncil (NANO 2021). Project leader: Prof. Clas Persson, Department of Physics.
- NANOTHERMO - Nanostructured materials for thermoelectric conversion of waste heat into electricity, 2012-2015. 9.5 MNOK from the Norwegian Research Council (RENERGI). International collaborator: Dr. G. J. Snyder, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, USA, Dr. Jyrki Tervo, VTT, Finland. Project leader: Ole Martin Løvvik, SINTEF.
- THERMEL: Thermoelectric oxides for high-temperature conversion of solar and waste heat to electrical energy, 2010 – 2013. 7 MNOK from the Norwegian Research Council (RENERGI). International collaborator: Associate professor Sean Li, University of New South Wales Sydney, Australia. Project leader: Professor Truls Norby, Department of Chemistry.
- Thermoelectric heat-pumps for energy savings in houses, 2009 - 2011. 3 MNOK from the Norwegian Research Council (RENERGI). Joint project with the University of Stavanger. Project leader: Professor Vidar Hansen, University of Stavanger.
- Thermoelectric materials; synthesis, electronic structure, functionality, 2007 - 2011. 8 MNOK kroner from the Norwegian Research Council (NANOMAT). International collaborators: Y. Zhu and Q. Li, Brookhaven National Laboratory, G. J. Snyder, California Institute of Technology. Project leader: Professor Johan Taftø, Department of Physics.
- Studies of electronic structure of materials at the nanoscale, 2006 - 2010. 7.9 MNOK from the Norwegian Research Council (FRIPRO). Joint project with NTNU. National collaborator: Professor Randi Holmestad , NTNU. International collaborators: Y. Zhu, Brookhaven National Laboratory, J. C. H. Spence, Arizona State University, J. M. Zuo, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Focus on thermoelectric materials. Project leader: Professor Johan Taftø, Department of Physics.