Access to Internet and local computers at the Physics Department
Assuming that your home institution is a member of the Eduroam network, you can get access to the Internet from your laptop by logging on to Eduroam as email@example.com.
Access to desktop computers and UiO services, however, requires a UiO username and a corresponding password. Even if you already have these, you still need to have your account registered for use at the Physics Department. Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "User account" and provide the following information:
- a statement that you agree to abide by the IT regulations at UiO
- full name (all names, don't abbreviate, don't replace any norwegian characters)
- date of birth (on the format shown in this example date: 23 April 1989)
- email address where we can contact you
- mobile phone number where we can contact you (can be international)
- name of contact person at our department (we will contact this person)
- end date of access (possible to extend later)
If you receive a new password from us you are required to change it at http://passord.uio.no before the next day
IMPORTANT: It is prohibited by us and you to send the following information in email: password, personnummer. In some cases you will need to show up in person.
WARNING: In case we create a brief-visit account (guestXXX) for you, notice that it will automatically close after 14 days. There will be no warning. Files in that account will be difficult to retrieve.
If you are a student or an employee at UiO, please notice this service: