The Department of Geosciences, University of Oslo has extensive cooperation nationally and internationally with companies, research institutes and other universities both in research and teaching.
The Department has a long standing tradition established in collaborating with industrial partners.The Department is a part of an excellent international academic network with collaboration with colleagues at universities and institutions around the world. This gives rise to shorter and longer research projects and study related visits from abroad as well as it give our researchers and students the possibility to visit our partner institutions.
The research activities at the Department is mainly funded by The Research Council of Norway, EEC and industrial partners, but also others.
The Department of Geosciences collaborate with several public and private companies and contribute to various centres. Among these are:
- The Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED), CeO
- Oslo Centre for Interdisciplinary Environmental and Social Research (CIENS)
- Subsurface CO2 Storage (SUCCESS)
- Stability and Variations of Arctic Land Ice (SVALI)
- Physics of Geological Processes (PGP), CeO
- International Centre for Geohazards (ICG), CeO