Geosciences IT services
We have several large applications that support geoscientific science and teaching. Several of them run on our linux-based software servers. Both on- and off-site databases can provide relevant data sets. Much of our work depends on intensive calculations on clusters of computers, which we support with hardware and programming support. We also support the multitude of basic computing needs everyone has.
- Basic services
- General information - about your account, e-mail, wireless networks, student facilities etc.
- List of databases for data and research.
- Research Data Management
- Data storage at the department, external storage and archiving of research data.
- Geoscientific Software
- Software offered to students and researchers at the department.
- IT strategy
- Policy regarding our strategy and services.
- Printing, scanning, digitizing and AV resources
- Where to find and how to use printing, scanning, digitizing and AV services at the department.
- Using Linux
- Tips for using Linux
- Using Mac
- Tips for using Mac
- Seminars and courses