I am fascinated by the vast diversity of fungi inhabiting different ecosystems, ranging from food spoilage to saprophytes in forest. In 2014, I obtained a Marie Curie fellowship (IEF-FP7-People) and joined the Mycology Group to work on comparative population genomics of Polypore fungi. My work has focused on optimising the RADseq technique to reveal genetic diversity in 11 polypore species. In addition, European strains of eight focal polypore species were genome sequenced and assembled. This collaborative work with the Joint Genome Institute has been performed in the framework of the 1KB Fungal Genomes Project, aiming to increase knowledge in phylogenetic relationships and functional diversity among fungi.
An NFR grant obtained in 2016 (2016-2019) enabled to investigate dispersal of polypore fungi at broader spatial scale. We collected samples from 25 populations across Fennoscandia (Norway, Sweden and Finland), Russia and Poland.
I am motivated in answering basic ecological questions for applied research. My area of expertise is very diffused, ranging from organising field work, using culture-based and microscopic techniques, developing molecular biology protocols, doing bio-informatics and statistics analyses and managing projects.
- 2016: Researcher
- 2014-2016: MSCA Post Doc
- 2013-2014: Researcher Soufflet Group, Nogent Sur Seine, France
- 2011-2012: Temporary Researcher and Lecturer position, Université de Bretagne Occidentale
- 2009-2011: PhD candidate
- 2006 -2008: Research engineer, Université de Bretagne Occidentale
- 2011: PhD. in Microbiology. Optimization of molecular techniques for the diagnosis of wood decay fungi. Evaluation of genetic and eco-physiological diversity of Serpula lacrymans in the indoor environment. Université de Brest, France
- 2006: Ingineer in Agronomy. VetAgro Sup Clermont-Ferrand, France
- 2001: Bachelor in Natural Sciences, Université de Montpellier, France
- Jenni Nordén, Norwegian Institute for Nature Research. Polypores and redlist species of fungi in boreal forests
- Søren Rosendahl (University of Copenhagen). Revealing population genetics of potato blight disease (Phytopthora infestans) in Denmark, understanding of yearly patterns using selective markers.
- Otto Miettinen, University of Helsinki. Polypore fungi, from ecology to genomics
- Jacqueline Hess, Claus Baessler, Irmgard Greihuber (University of Vienna). Conservation genomics of Antrodiella citrinella in Europe
- Joint Genome Institute. Sequencing and annotation of Polypore genomes