I work with benthic algae, with a particular focus on kelp forests. I am involved with solving of problems associated with charting flora in special environments, i.e. Svalbard. In the last few years also projects linked to seagrass as a habitat been of importance. I have contributed and been head of groups regarding eutrophication and outlet of nutrients from fish farming.
- Bio 1200 Biodiversity. Responsible for the algal part (lectures, lab and field)
- Bio 2100 General Ecology.
- Bio 4301 Marine benthic ecology. Course responsible
- Bio 4320 Systematics and ecology of marine algae
Higher education and employment history
Previous academic positions:
- 2004- pres. Professor at the Department of Biology
- 1995-2004 Associate Professor at the Department of Biology
- Prior 1995 Hired on different projects
- 1994 Dr. scient. UiO
- 1985 Cand. real. University of Bergen
- Recieved the "Golden Pointer" from Biologisk Fagutvalg as evidence of being the best lecturer at the institute.
I have for the last 20 years worked very closely with people at the Norwegian Department for Water Research (NIVA). I also collaborate with several foreign partners on different projects on kelp forest- and seaweed research. The last years I have also fucused on benthic algal vegetation on Svalbard, in close cooperation with UNIS avd AWI (Germany).