Toxicology, ecotoxicology, ecology, behavioral ecology, marine environmental monitoring
- BIO1000, Elementary Biology: http://www.uio.no/studier/emner/matnat/ibv/BIO1000/
- BIO1200, Biodiversity: http://www.uio.no/studier/emner/matnat/ibv/BIO1200/index-eng.html
- BIO2100, General Ecology: http://www.uio.no/studier/emner/matnat/ibv/BIO2100/index-eng.html
- BIO4400, Pelagic Ecology: http://www.uio.no/studier/emner/matnat/ibv/BIO4400/index-eng.html
- BIO4500, General Toxicology: http://www.uio.no/studier/emner/matnat/ibv/BIO4500/
- BIO9550/4550, Ecotoxicology: http://www.uio.no/studier/emner/matnat/ibv/BIO4550/index-eng.html
Torben is studying effects of multiple stressors, and how natural stressors e.g. risk of predation may affect response relationship towards anthropogenic toxicants. Much knowledge exists on effects of toxicants on species alone, as traditional toxicology has mostly focused on effects of exposure at otherwise optimal conditions. Guidelines and threshold values used for environmental monitoring are often based on data from such traditional toxicological tests, thus might not necessarily tell the complete story when applied to natural systems. Living is stressful, and all organisms face a spectre of challenges as they go about their daily business. Some of the more important of challenges are access to food and risk predation. Simultaneously, a range of chemicals and wastes continuously enters the environment, posing further challenges on organisms exposed.
Using coastal copepods as model species’, the focus of this project is to look at effects of multiple stressors by combining anthropogenic toxicants (e.g. pesticides, metals) with natural stressors (e.g. predation, food depletion), and examine effects in terms of life history traits when simultaneously applied.
Torben is doing his PhD as a member of the Dept of Biosciences prioritized research project LUMS: Life-history variation under multiple stressors. The project is a collaboration between members of Section for Aquatic Biology and Toxicology. Supervisors are Jan Heuschele, Josefin Titelman, Ketil Hylland, Tom Andersen and Katrine Borgå.
- Bye-Ingebrigtsen, Einar; Lode, Torben & Johansen, Per-Otto (2015). MOM C-undersøkelse fra lokalitet Bjelkavik i Suldal kommune, 2014. SAM e-Rapporter. 8-2015.
- Kvalø, Stian Ervik; Torvanger, Ragni; Haave, Marte; Hadler-Jacobsen, Silje H.; Lode, Torben; Johannessen, Per J & Alme, Øydis (2015). Resipientovervåking av fjordsystemene rundt Bergen 2011-2015. Årsrapport 2014. SAM e-Rapporter. 4-2015.
- Lode, Torben (2015). MOM C-undersøkelse fra lokalitet Veiesund i Flora kommune, 2014. SAM e-Rapporter. 3-2015.
- Lode, Torben (2015). MOM C-undersøkelser fra Røværsosen (lokalitet: Bryggelandsholmane, Flatholmen og Ulvøy) i Haugesund kommune, mars 2015. SAM e-Rapporter. 12-2015.
- Verdal, Turid; Fagertun Eggereide, Sarah; Andersland, Svein; Solberg, Tor Sverre; Vassdal, Tone; Isaksen, Trond Einar; Mahlum, Shad Kenneth; Barlaup, Bjørn Torgeir; Lode, Torben & Bye-Ingebrigtsen, Einar (2015). Akvakulturanalyse for Sunnhordland og ytre Hardanger, med fokus på laks og regnbogeaure.