Torbjørn Håkan Ergon
As a population ecologist my research focuses on trying to understand variation in life-history traits and demographic rates within populations and link this to population level patterns and processes such as delayed density dependence. I use both theoretical and empirical approaches, and I am particularly interested in using and developing methods and statistical models to estimate (correlated) distributions of latent life-history traits within populations. This work is also highly relevant for selection processes in an evolutionary context, and I aim to contribute towards our understanding of the evolution of phenotypic plasticity in life-history traits.
- Nater, Chloé Rebecca; Rustadbakken, Atle; Ergon, Torbjørn; Langangen, Øystein; Moe, S. Jannicke; Vindenes, Yngvild; Vøllestad, Leif Asbjørn & Aass, Per (2018). Individual heterogeneity and early life conditions shape growth in a freshwater top predator. Ecology. ISSN 0012-9658. 99(5), s 1011- 1017 . doi: 10.1002/ecy.2178
- Ergon, Torbjørn & Ergon, Rolf (2017). When three traits make a line: evolution of phenotypic plasticity and genetic assimilation through linear reaction norms in stochastic environments. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. ISSN 1010-061X. 30(3), s 486- 500 . doi: 10.1111/jeb.13003 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Sengupta, Sagnik; Ergon, Torbjørn & Leinaas, Hans Petter (2017). Thermal plasticity in postembryonic life history traits of a widely distributed Collembola: Effects of macroclimate and microhabitat on genotypic differences. Ecology and Evolution. ISSN 2045-7758. 7(19), s 8100- 8112 . doi: 10.1002/ece3.3333 Full text in Research Archive.
- Liow, Lee Hsiang & Ergon, Torbjørn (2016). Fitting ancestral age-dependent speciation models to fossil data, In Warren D. Allmon & Margaret M. Yacobucci (ed.), Species and Speciation in the Fossil Record. University of Chicago Press. ISBN 9780226377445. Chapter 6. s 198 - 216
- Sengupta, Sagnik; Ergon, Torbjørn & Leinaas, Hans Petter (2016). Genotypic differences in embryonic life history traits of Folsomia quadrioculata (Collembola: Isotomidae) across a wide geographical range. Ecological Entomology. ISSN 0307-6946. 41(1), s 72- 84 . doi: 10.1111/een.12270
- Schnug, Lisbeth; Ergon, Torbjørn; Jakob, Lena; Scott-Fordsmand, Janeck J; Joner, Erik & Leinaas, Hans Petter (2015). Responses of earthworms to repeated exposure to three biocides Applied singly and as a mixture in an agricultural field. Science of the Total Environment. ISSN 0048-9697. 505, s 223- 235 . doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2014.09.089
- Ergon, Torbjørn & Gardner, Beth (2014). Separating mortality and emigration: modelling space use, dispersal and survival with robust-design spatial capture–recapture data. Methods in Ecology and Evolution. ISSN 2041-210X. 5(12), s 1327- 1336 . doi: 10.1111/2041-210X.12133
- Moghadam, Maunya D. & Ergon, Torbjørn (2015). Estimating the animal movements from lightbased data by using state-space modeling.
- Arce Gonzalez, Fernando & Ergon, Torbjørn (2014). Spatiotemporal distribution of a small mammal assemblage at Finse: A methodological perspective.
- Ergon, Torbjørn (2014). Ghosts, demons and elusive species; Adaptive multi-method occupancy sampling for monitoring of multiple species.