These pages contain information specific for PhD students at the Department of Biosciences (IBV).
Also remember to check out the the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (MN)'s web pages for PhD students, found here! Their pages will give you more information about the PhD program, which is run at the Faculty level, and has additional resources and tools for you that are useful for all PhD students at MN.
Important information for starting up
- The Faculty's web pages with important information and forms
- Welcome brochure for new PhD candidates (PDF)
- International Staff Mobility Office (ISMO) can help you with your relocation to Oslo
- Conversation tools for a kick-off conversation with your supervisor(s) (PDF)
- Health and Safety information
Important information during your PhD
- Stress management
- Research Schools at IBV and elsewhere
- 3rd and 5th/7th semester evaluations
- Instructions for handing in your thesis
- What is the timeline for handing in and defending at IBV
Important information after your PhD
ForVei - Broader and more personal guidance for PhD students at UiO
PhD on Track - lots of practical information for PhD students
Karriereplanleggeren - An online career planning tool from Utdanning.no (only in Norwegian)
Information about being a UiO employee
For PhD candidates employed by UiO:
If you are employed in a PhD position at UiO, you can find out information on many different things such as your salary, leaves of absence, sick leave, and other important information on the For-Employees pages. Check the PhD Welcome Brochure for more detailed information and links to the most important pages.
For PhD candidates with external funding:
Information about extensions, sick leave and other leaves of absence are found here.