- High speed interconnects
- Software engineering aspects of developing complex systems
- Network aspect of multimedia communication
- Programming models for distributed shared memory
- Distributed shared memory architectures
- Scalable internet information systems
I am involved in teaching these topics in addition to supervising master students:
Available Master Thesis topics
A common denominator for my current master thesis topics ideas is virtualization. If you are a master student and believe this is interesting to you, or you have other ideas where you think I can help you, feel free to contact me. The easiest way is if you send me an introductory email and I will come back to you.
Here is also a link to my old master projects page while I am (slowly) migrating to the new system...
Higher education and employment history
- Dr.Scient (Ph.D) from this department (1998)
- 1.amanuensis-II from 1998 to present.
- Principal Software Engineer in Oracle as main position.
The group I am working in belongs to the hardware development organization in Oracle. This part of Oracle used to be Sun Microsystems, before Sun was acquired by Oracle in spring 2010. I currently work as lead developer of the Linux driver for Oracle's new Infiniband Host Channel Adapter (HCA)
Before my time at Oracle, I have worked, mostly within development, for a number of other companies, all with an international focus and market:
- Paradial (2006-2010) developed solutions for NAT and firewall traversal for realtime applications. The company was acquired by Logitech in 2010.
- Fast Search and Transfer (2001-2006) developed innovative search engine technology and competed with Google in the early days of web search, but later on focused on the enterprise market with tailored search solutions for businesses and large organizations. The company was acquired by Microsoft in 2007.
- Scali (1998-2001) developed high performance cluster software. Scali was later acquired by Platform Computing.
- During my Ph.D. I was involved with and did work for Dolphin Interconnect Solutions and as part of that I spent an exciting time with Sun Microsystems in Menlo Park California during the dot com boom.
Here is a link to my old pages which still contains some additional information.