Active PhD students
- Elisabeth Grønn Ramsdal, "Ultrasound imaging using shear wave elastography," project financed by MEDIMA.
- Karen Brastad Evensen, "Non-invasive monitoring of intracranial pressure from transcranial acoustic signals," main supervisor Prof. Per Kristian Eide, Department of Neurosurgery, Oslo University Hospital.
- Sri Nivas Chandrasekaran, "Ultrasound Induced Mechanosignalling", in the Horizon 2020 project "Force".
- Johannes Kvammen, "Improved imaging and quantitative identification of acoustic tissue properties with dual band ultrasound pulse complexes," Main supervisor prof. Bjørn Angelsen, NTNU.
- Trond Bergh, "Signal Processing for Camera-Aided Microphone Arrays," cosupervised with Ines Hafizovic in collaboration with Squarehead Technology.
- Jo Inge Buskenes, "Improved ultrasound and sonar imaging," main supervisor Andreas Austeng.
Completed PhD theses
- Vikash Pandey, "Physical and Geometrical Interpretation of Fractional Derivatives in Viscoelasticity and Transport Phenomena" cosupervised with Sven Peter Näsholm, NORSAR, Nov 2016.
- Antonio Ramos, Acoustic sniper positioning system. Main supervisor Sigmund Gudvangen, Buskerud and Vestfold University College, April 2015
Jon Petter Åsen, "Accelerating adaptive ultrasound imaging algorithms by means of general-purpose computing on graphics processing units", NTNU, cosupervised with Hans Torp (NTNU) and Stein-Inge Rabben & Erik Steen (GE Vingmed Ultrasound), October 2014
Committee member Iben Holfort Voxen (Greenwood Engineering), Jon Petter Åsen, and committee member Alfred C.H. Yu (University of Hong Kong, Medical Engineering Program & Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering)
Download "Huygens on Speed" (GPU-based ultrasound simulator)
- Wei Zhang, "High Performance Computing for Solving Fractional Differential Equations with Applications", cosupervised with Xing Cai. Collaboration with Wen Chen, Hohai University, China, September 2014. Thesis committee: Kai Diethelm (Univ Braunschweig), Wei Zhang, Brad Treeby (Univ College London, UK), Michael Floater (UiO)
- Ståle Andreas van Dorp Skogstad, "Methods and Technologies for Using Body Motion for Real-Time Musical Interaction", cosupervisor, February 2014.
- Saeed Mehdizadeh, "Adaptive beamformers for ultrasound imaging of acoustically hard tissues", NTNU, cosupervised with Tonni Johansen (NTNU), Dec. 2012
- Endrias Asgedom, "On the use of super-resolution algorithms in seismics: applications within diffraction separation and imaging". Main supervisors Leiv Jacob Gelius, Andreas Austeng, Dec. 2012
- Ines Hafizovic, "Beamforming Microphone Arrays for Audio Applications." Collaboration with Squarehead Technology, Nov. 2012
- Fabrice Prieur, PhD Oct 2012, "Nonlinear propagation of ultrasonic signals. Theoretical studies and potential applications", co-supervisor Andreas Austeng, project High resolution imaging and beamforming, Oct 2012
- Risto Holopainen, PhD, June 2012, Main supervisor Rolf Inge Godøy, Department of Musicology, "Adaptive synthesis with composed instruments. Aesthetics and experiments."
- Ann Elisabet Albright Blomberg, PhD, Feb. 2012, “High resolution beamforming in sonar”, main supervisor Andreas Austeng , cosupervisor Roy Hansen
- Carl-Inge Nilsen, PhD, Aug 2010, "Beamformers with Applications in Medical Ultrasound Imaging" Thesis committee: Prof. Fritz Albregtsen (UIO), Carl-Inge, Prof. Jian Li (University of Florida), Prof. Hans Torp (NTNU)
- Johan-Fredrik Synnevåg, PhD, March 2009, "Adaptive beamforming for medical ultrasound Imaging (Co-supervised with Andreas Austeng) Thesis committee: Dr. Roy Hansen (FFI/UIO), Prof. Matt O'Donnell (Univ Washington), Prof. Kjell Kristoffersen (GE Vingmed Ultrasound/NTNU)
- Jan Egil Kirkebø, PhD, September 2008, "Selected problems in spatial signal processing" (Co-supervised with Andreas Austeng and Nils Christophersen) S. Holm with thesis committee: Prof. Mats Viberg (Chalmers, Gothenburg), Prof. Jens Hovem (NTNU), and Prof. Anne Solberg (UIO, not in picture); as well as Dr. Shefeng Yan (formerly NTNU, now Institute of Acoustics, Beijing)
- Asgeir Nysæter, PhD, May 2007, "Optimization of serially concatenated trellis coded modulation systems with iterative detection and decoding," Main supervisors R. Otnes, T. Maseng UNIK/FFI.
- Andreas Austeng, Dr. Scient, March 2001, "Optimum geometries for two-dimensional ultrasound transducer arrays"
Thesis committee: Prof. Jørgen Jensen (DTU, Copenhagen), Prof. Hans Torp (NTNU), and Prof. Nils Christophersen (UIO).
- Lars Ødegaard (dr. ing. NTNU October 1996, cosupervised with John Tyssedal, Department of Mathematical Sciences, NTNU and Hans Torp, Department of Biomedical Technology), NTNU, "Phase aberration correction in medical ultrasound imaging"
Thesis committe: Prof. Mathias Fink, (ESPCI, Paris, France) and Dr. Kjell Kristoffersen (Vingmed Sound)