Selamawit Molla Fossum
I am interested in information systems design and implementation in organizations. Currently, I am part of a research project, which is focused on developing and implementing socially responsible crowdsourcing tools for urban environment research and decision making. More information about the project is found here:http://iresponse-rri.com
I got a master and a PhD in information systems from the Department of Informatics, University of Oslo. In addition, I have a master in international health from the Department of Global Health, University of Copenhagen. With these educational backgrounds, I worked in improving health information systems with particular focus on developing countries. I am particularly interested in standard (IT and data) formation and diffusion within and across organizations.
- Mekonnen, Selamawit & Zegaye, Wubishet (2016). An Institutional Perspective to Understand FOSS Adoption in Public Sectors: Case Studies in Ethiopia and India. American Journal of Information Systems. ISSN 2374-1988. 4(2), s 32- 44 . doi: 10.12691/ajis-4-2-2
- Mekonnen, Selamawit; Sahay, Sundeep & Lewis, John (2015). Understanding the Role of Social Capital in Integrating Health Information Systems . Journal of Health Informatics in Developing Countries. ISSN 1178-4407. 9(2), s 40- 54
- Damtew, Zufan Abera; Miscione, Gianluca; Mekonnen, Selamawit; Østmo, Elise; Staring, Knut; Sæbø, Johan Ivar & Sun, Violeta (2010). Globetrotting health information systems . Journal of Health Informatics in Developing Countries. ISSN 1178-4407. 4(1), s 27- 38
- Sahay, Sundeep; Sæbø, Johan Ivar; Mekonnen, Selamawit & Gizaw, Abyot Asalefew (2010). Interplay of Institutional Logics and Implications for Deinstitutionalization: Case Study of HMIS Implementation in Tajikistan. Information Technologies and International Development. ISSN 1544-7529. 6(3), s 19- 32
- Abuto, Mekitew Letebo; Damtew, Zufan Abera; Gizaw, Abyot Asalefew; Mekonnen, Selamawit; Lagebo, Birkinesh Woldeyohannes & Zegeye, Desalegn (2008). Scaling HIS in Developing Countries: Case Studies from Ethiopia, In Paul Cunningham & Miriam Cunningham (ed.), IST-Africa 2008 Conference Proceedings. International Information Management Corporation Limited. ISBN 978-1-905824-07-6. Article.
- Mekonnen, Selamarit & Sahay, Sundeep (2008). An institutional analysis on the dynamics of the interaction between standardizing and scaling processes: a case study from Ethiopia . European Journal of Information Systems. ISSN 0960-085X. 17(3), s 279- 289 . doi: 10.1057/ejis.2008.17
- Mekonnen, Selamawit; Sahay, Sundeep & Lewis, John (2009). The role of Social Capital in the Integration of Health Information Systems.
- Sæbø, Johan Ivar; Sahay, Sundeep; Mekonnen, Selamawit & Gizaw, Abyot Asalefew (2009). Interplay of Institutional logics and Implications for Deinstitutionalization: Case Study of HMIS Implementation in Tajikistan.