KULU: App checklist for young people diagnosed with ME (Myalgisk encefalopati)
The main focus here is on the mild and moderate cases. In addition, the family caregivers of young people in the severe or very severe sufferers could also be relevant users. The initial focus is to use the developed KOOLO app and explore how well it fits with the needs of youth suffering from ME. Then to develop and implement a checklist for ME users, based on user research. The checklist should serve as a tool to register illness symptoms and other identified issues. The ME checklist could help users to communicate the nature and magnitude of their illness symptoms when meeting physicians.
There are several interesting questions to pursue here:
- How should a checklist for ME be formulated and implemented in an App?
- Are there other functionalities that are useful for this user group that should be implemented?
Strongly suggested courses:
- INF5011 Technology Society Ethics.
- INF5591 Advancements in interaction design.
- INF5261 Development of mobile information systems and services.
This master thesis is part of the KULU project.