My research interests are in synthesis and advanced characterization of heterogeneous catalysts, in particular acidic zeolites catalysts used for hydrocarbon conversion reactions.
- Solvothermal synthesis of porous materials (Zeolites, Metal-Organic Frameworks)
- Infrared spectroscopy (catalytic sites characterization, diffusion properties)
- Electron microscopy, Electron diffraction and Electron spectroscopy (SEM/TEM in combination with EDX/EELS)
Personal information and educational background
- Nationality: Italian
- 2014 MSc in Advanced Chemical Methods, University of Turin (Italy) - Thesis title: "Synthesis and characterization of (Ni)UiO-67bpy MIXMOFs active in ethylene oligomerization” - Supervisor: Prof. Silvia Bordiga (NIS UniTo)
- 2013 ERASMUS Exchange Student - University of Lyon, Lyon (France) - Graduate student internship project on "Synthesis of ethylene oligomerization catalysts based on UiO type metal-organic frameworks" - Supervisors: Dr Elsje Alessandra Quadrelli (CPE Lyon) and Dr David Farrusseng (IRCELYON)
- Dr. Pablo Beato, Haldor Topsøe A/S, Lyngby (Denmark)
- Prof. Silvia Bordiga, University of Turin (Italy)
- Molino, Andrea; Lukaszuk, Katarzyna Anna; Rojo-Gama, Daniel; Lillerud, Karl Petter; Olsbye, Unni; Bordiga, Silvia; Svelle, Stian & Beato, Pablo (2017). Conversion of methanol to hydrocarbons over zeolite ZSM-23 (MTT): Exceptional effects of particle size on catalyst lifetime.. Chemical Communications. ISSN 1359-7345. 53, s 6816- 6819 . doi: 10.1039/c6cc10118f
- Bordiga, Silvia; Molino, Andrea; Groppo, Elena; Øien, Sigurd; Lillerud, Karl Petter; Olsbye, Unni; Canivet, Jérôme; Quadrelli, Elsje Alessandra & Farrusseng, David (2014). Ni-bpy-mixed UiO-67 MOF as catalyst for ethylene oligomerization.