Katarzyna Anna Lukaszuk
I investigate the role of organic additives in crystallization of zeolites trying to understand their influence on crystal size and shape. The knowledge gained from these studies can be applied to control the growth of porous materials, as well as their morphology and size to develop materials with desirable industrial properties.
Background and experience
2012 - 2013 Internship at Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
2009 - 2011 Master Degree in Chemistry, Department of Organic Chemistry,
Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland
MSc title: Modification of carbon materials by Diels-Alder reaction
09.2010–01.2011 Research project in the group of Prof. Jean–Luc Pirat
École Nationale Supérieure de Chimie, Montpellier, France
Topic: Organic synthesis focused on chemistry of phosphorus compounds
- Developer and scientific advisor of Zeolite Batch Calculator (ZBC) software for calculating the correct amount of reactants (batch) for a particular zeolite composition given by the molar ratio of its components http://lmmentel.github.io/batchcalculator/
- Participation in the organization of the 16th Nordic symposium on Catalysis, UiO, Norway
Awards, prizes and honors
- The first prize in the graphical abstract competition arranged at the annual seminar of the Center for Materials Science and Nanotechnology, 2014, Hafjell, Norway
- 2nd prize for a poster “A Quest for Designing Superior Catalysts" during the Chemistry Grand Prix at the Department of Chemistry, 2015, University of Oslo, Norway.
- Lukaszuk, Katarzyna Anna; Rojo-Gama, Daniel; Øien-Ødegaard, Sigurd; Lazzarini, Andrea; Berlier, Gloria; Bordiga, Silvia; Lillerud, Karl Petter; Olsbye, Unni; Beato, Pablo; Lundegaard, Lars Fahl & Svelle, Stian (2017). Zeolite morphology and catalyst performance: Conversion of methanol to hydrocarbons over offretite. Catalysis science & technology. ISSN 2044-4753. 7(22), s 5435- 5447 . doi: 10.1039/c7cy00996h
- Molino, Andrea; Lukaszuk, Katarzyna Anna; Rojo-Gama, Daniel; Lillerud, Karl Petter; Olsbye, Unni; Bordiga, Silvia; Svelle, Stian & Beato, Pablo (2017). Conversion of methanol to hydrocarbons over zeolite ZSM-23 (MTT): Exceptional effects of particle size on catalyst lifetime.. Chemical Communications. ISSN 1359-7345. 53, s 6816- 6819 . doi: 10.1039/c6cc10118f
- Lukaszuk, Katarzyna Anna (2016). The importance of crystal morphology in the Methanol-To-Hydrocarbons reaction.
- Lukaszuk, Katarzyna Anna (2015). Shape-Selectivity of Offretite in the Methanol-to-Hydrocarbons Reaction.
- Lukaszuk, Katarzyna Anna (2015). The importance of crystal morphology in the Methanol- To-Hydrocarbons reaction.
- Lukaszuk, Katarzyna Anna (2015). Zeolites - towards designing superior catalysts.
- Lukaszuk, Katarzyna Anna & Mentel, Lukasz (2015). Insiders perspective on doing research in Europe.
- Rojo Gama, Daniel & Lukaszuk, Katarzyna Anna (2015). The influence of ZSM-22 zeolite morphology on the catalytic performance in the Methanol to hydrocarbons process..
- Lukaszuk, Katarzyna Anna (2014). A Quest for Designing Superior Catalysts.
- Lukaszuk, Katarzyna Anna (2014). Progress in modification of zeolite morphology and surface architecture.
- Lukaszuk, Katarzyna Anna (2014). The concept of shape selectivity in zeolites.