SAFE - Center for Accelerator-based Research and Energy Physics
SAFE is a center with the aim of strengthening nuclear research and competence in Norway by educating top qualified personnel. Our main research facilities is the MC-35 cyclotron at the Oslo Cyclotron Laboratory (OCL).
SAFE is defined as a new established research group with special priorities given by the faculty of Mathematics and natural sciences.
- Experimental Nuclear Physics
- Nuclear Energy Technology
- Solar panels and energy systems
- Norwegian Institute for Energy Technology (IFE) (both at Kjeller and Halden)
- GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung (GSI, Germany), TASCA separator
- Japan Atomic Energy Agency / Advanced Science Research Center / Research Group for Superheavy Elements
Study programmes and courses
- Oslo Cyclotron Laboratory (OCL)
- Wide selection of detectors for nuclear radiation