My CV can be found here.
- Finite element exterior calculus and structure-preserving discretization
- hp/spectral element and high order methods
- multilevel preconditioning
- discrete differential geometry for continuum mechanics, relativity and geometric PDEs
- Applications in Magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) and numerical relativity
- Ph.D student, Sep. 2012 - Jul. 2017
Beijing International Center for Mathematical Research,
Peking University, Beijing, China.
Advisor: Prof. Jinchao Xu
Thesis: Finite Element Exterior Calculus for Multiphysics Problems
- Visiting Ph.D student, Sep. 2015 - Nov. 2016
- B.S. in Computational Mathematics, 2008-2012
Nankai University, Tianjin, China.
Thesis: Implementation of Nine Discontinuous Galerkin Methods
for Convection-Dominated Convection-Diffusion Equations
- July, 2017. The State Key Laboratory of Scientific and Engineering Computing (LSEC), Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
- February - May, 2017. Department of Mathematics, University of Oslo, Norway.
- January, 2017. Department of Mathematics, Pennsylvania State University, USA.
- March, 2016. Department of Mathematics, Pennsylvania State University, USA.
- Outstanding Youth Paper Prize, Beijing Society of Computational Mathematics, September 2016,
— for the paper “Stable Finite Element Methods Preserving ∇ · B = 0 Exactly for MHD Models”
- East Asia section of SIAM, Student Paper Prize, June, 2016.
— for the paper “Structure-preserving Finite Element Methods for Stationary MHD Models”
- Stable Finite Element Methods Preserving ∇ · B = 0 Exactly for MHD Models; Kaibo Hu, Yicong Ma and Jinchao Xu; Numerische Mathematik, 2016, DOI 10.1007/s00211-016-0803-4. link
- Robust Preconditioners for Incompressible MHD Models; Yicong Ma, Kaibo Hu, Xiaozhe Hu and Jinchao Xu; Journal of Computational Physics, 2016; Volume 316, 1 July 2016, Pages 721–746. link
- Stable Magnetic field-Current Finite Element Schemes for Magnetohydrodynamics Systems; Kaibo Hu and Jinchao Xu; in Chinese; Science China Mathematics, 7 (2016): 006.
- Nodal Finite Element de Rham Complexes; Snorre H. Christiansen, Jun Hu and Kaibo Hu; Numerische Mathematik; Accepted, 2017. arXiv: 1611.02558.
- Structure-preserving Finite Element Methods for Stationary MHD Models; Kaibo Hu and Jinchao Xu; Mathematics of Computation; Accepted, 2017. arXiv:1503.06160.
- Well-conditioned frames for finite element methods, Kaibo Hu and Ragnar Winther; Available online as arXiv: 1705.07113.
- Generalized Finite Element Systems for smooth differential forms and Stokes problem; Snorre H. Christiansen and Kaibo Hu; Available online as arXiv:1605.08657.
- Magnetic-Electric Formulations for Stationary Magnetohydrodynamics Models; Kaibo Hu, Weifeng Qiu, Ke Shi and Jinchao Xu; Available online as arXiv:1711.11330.