Study programme taught in English
Find reading lists, lecture times and notes from all courses from the department.
The EU-funded design study of the world's largest sub-millimetre astronomical telescope is about to start. The work is led by the University of Oslo.
Håkon Dahle (ITA/UiO) and his international team observed straight into the bright and hot heart of a galaxy 11 billion years old in no less than 12 multiple, gravitationally lensed images. The finding casts light onto a crucial era in our universe’s history: the epoch of reionization.
- "The Science of EST" ep. 8: Nanoflares and coronal heating June 8, 2020 1:01 PM
- Par-ustabile Supernovaer May 20, 2020 9:21 PM
- Astronomy sets new records with revolutionary telescope May 14, 2020 3:20 PM
- Astronomer, Astronaut, Astrologer – what is the difference? May 13, 2020 4:22 PM
- Redd for å holde presentasjoner? Det er jeg og! May 6, 2020 2:17 PM
- Fem ting jeg har lært av å studere astrofysikk som ikke er astrofysikk Apr. 29, 2020 9:08 PM
A blog about the birth of the Universe, telescopes and satellites, life-giving stars, rain on the Sun, and much more … told by the Women exploring this.