Sondre Vik Furuseth
Solar physics, Beam dynamics, Accelerated particles, High-performance computing, Particle tracking, Magnetohydrodynamics.
- None at UiO
I have studied physics and mathematics at NTNU, MIT, EPFL, and UiO. I have just finished a Ph.D. in collaboration with CERN, working with state-of-the-art parallel algorithms and analytically solving the non-linear Vlasov equation to study Landau damping and decoherence in high-energy hadron colliders as the LHC. As of August 2021, I am working as a postdoctoral research fellow on the Whole Sun project, here at the Rosseland Center of Solar Physics.
- Postdoc, Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, 2021-Current
- Postdoc, European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), 2021
- Ph.D. in Physics, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), 2018-2021
- M.Sc. in Physics and Mathematics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), 2012-2017
- “Best graduating Siv.ing./Siv.ark. at NTNU”, Winnie og Ragnar Mathisens Høgskolefond, 2017
- “Best Master’s student of Technology”, 2017