Most of my work is focussed on foraging ecology, life history and population ecology of ungulates. I am also interested in the impact of herbivores on the ecosystems - such as plants, invertebrates and small rodents. Apart from ungulate research, I work a little bit also with effects of climate on ecological systems in general.
Higher education and employment history
Previous academic positions.
- 2006-present Professor, UiO
- 2001-2005 Researcher, UiO
- 1999-2001 Post doc, UiO
- 1999-1999 Researcher, UiO
- 1998 PhD, UiO
- The article (Stenseth, Mysterud et al., see publ. list.) entitled "Ecological effects of climate fluctuations" as published in the journal "SCIENCE" on AUG 23, 2002 has been determined by ISI® to be one of the most cited recent papers in the field of ENVIRONMENT/ECOLOGY by January 2004 - “New Hot Paper”. The same paper got status as “Emerging Research Front” in August 2008.
- Awarded as “Outstanding Young Investigator” (YFF) by the Research Council of Norway in 2004.
- Fritjof Nansen award for young scientists 2005 (“Nansenbelønningen for yngre forskere”). Decided by the Academy of Sciences and Letters.
I have read and promise to adhere to the NENT.