I’m a new PhD at CEES since mid of September 2014.
My scientific interest lies in feedback effects between anthropogenic activity and natural resource dynamics in aquatic systems.
In my PhD research I will focus on fisheries management in the context of climate change. I will explore the interactive effects of harvesting pressure and climate variability on fish populations, as harvesting pressure can decrease the capacity of populations to cope with other stress factors, e.g. climate change. A bio-economic model will be used to assess consequences of altered harvesting strategies and modified environmental quality. This will help in validating future strategies for sustainable fisheries management.
My general interest is ecosystem modelling. In my BSc thesis I investigated species distribution borders in an individual-based metapopulation model; for my MSc studies I collected bio-optical data to model the photosynthetic activity of primary producers.
The supervisors for my PhD are Nils Christian Stenseth, Andries Richter and Anne Maria Eikeset and I am part of the GreenMAR network. Half of my PhD I will spend at the Environmental Economics and Natural Resource group at Wageningen University (Netherlands).
- Winter, Anna-Marie; Eikeset, Anne Maria & Richter, Andries Peter (2020). Implications of Allee effects for fisheries management in a changing climate: evidence from Atlantic cod. Ecological Applications. ISSN 1051-0761. . doi: 10.1002/eap.1994
- Klinger, Dane H.; Eikeset, Anne Maria; Davidsdottir, Brynhildur; Winter, Anna-Marie & Watson, James R. (2018). The mechanics of blue growth: Management of oceanic natural resource use with multiple, interacting sectors. Marine Policy. ISSN 0308-597X. 87, s 356- 362 . doi: 10.1016/j.marpol.2017.09.025
- Kubisch, Alexander; Winter, Anna-Marie & Fronhofer, Emanuel A. (2016). The downward spiral: eco-evolutionary feedback loops lead to the emergence of ‘elastic’ ranges. Ecography. ISSN 0906-7590. 39(3), s 261- 269 . doi: 10.1111/ecog.01701
- Winter, Anna-Marie (2017). Climate, fishing and depensation: Analysing Atlantic cod’s point of no return.
- Winter, Anna-Marie (2015). Impact of fishing, climate and Allee effect on the collapse and recovery of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua).
- Winter, Anna-Marie (2014). How fishing pressure and climate variability impact Allee effect dynamics and the recovery of fish populations.