Cassandra Nicole Trier
Though I am not necessarily new at CEES, I am new as a PhD candidate. I recently completed my masters degree on the role of sex-linkage and mito-nuclear incompatibilities in the reproductive isolation of a homoploid hybrid (the Italian sparrow). This was under the supervision of Glenn-Peter Sætre, Richard Bailey and Jo Hermansen. My research will continue in the sparrow group as I will study timing as a reproductive barrier. For my PhD research, I plan to use the sparrow system to investigate genes involved in timing ie.‘clock genes’ and their role in hybrid speciation.
- Elgvin, Tore Oldeide; Trier, Cassandra Nicole; Tørresen, Ole Kristian; Hagen, Ingerid; Lien, Sigbjørn; Nederbragt, Alexander Johan; Ravinet, Mark Simon Paul; Jensen, Henrik & Sætre, Glenn-Peter (2017). The genomic mosaicism of hybrid speciation. Science Advances. ISSN 2375-2548. 3 . doi: 10.1126/sciadv.1602996 Full text in Research Archive.
- Bailey, Richard Ian; Tesaker, Maria Rundhaugen; Trier, Cassandra Nicole & Sætre, Glenn-Peter (2015). Strong selection on male plumage in a hybrid zone between a hybrid bird species and one of its parents. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. ISSN 1010-061X. 28(6), s 1257- 1269 . doi: 10.1111/jeb.12652
- Hermansen, Jo Skeie; Haas, Fredrik; Trier, Cassandra Nicole; Bailey, Richard Ian; Nederbragt, Alexander Johan; Marzal, Alfonso & Sætre, Glenn-Peter (2014). Hybrid speciation through sorting of parental incompatibilities in Italian sparrows. Molecular Ecology. ISSN 0962-1083. 23(23), s 5831- 5842 . doi: 10.1111/mec.12910
- Trier, Cassandra Nicole; Hermansen, Jo Skeie; Sætre, Glenn-Peter & Bailey, Richard Ian (2014). Evidence for Mito-Nuclear and Sex-Linked Reproductive Barriers between the Hybrid Italian Sparrow and Its Parent Species. PLoS Genetics. ISSN 1553-7390. 10(1) . doi: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1004075 Full text in Research Archive.
- Sætre, Glenn-Peter; Riyahi, Sepand; Aliabadian, M.; Hermansen, Jo Skeie; Hogner, Silje; Olsson, U.; Gonzales Rojas, Maria Fernanda; Sæther, Stein Are; Trier, Cassandra Nicole & Elgvin, Tore Oldeide (2012). Single origin of human commensalism in the house sparrow. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. ISSN 1010-061X. 25(4), s 788- 796 . doi: 10.1111/j.1420-9101.2012.02470.x
- Elgvin, Tore Oldeide; Trier, Cassandra Nicole; Tørresen, Ole Kristian; Lien, Sigbjørn; Jensen, Henrik & Sætre, Glenn-Peter (2014). Sparrows, scaffolds and pseudo-chromosomes.
- Trier, Cassandra Nicole (2013). Sex Linked and Mito-Nuclear Incompatibilities in Hybrid Speciation.
- Trier, Cassandra Nicole (2013). The Genomic Landscape of A Hybrid Species.