Chloé Rebecca Nater
When I moved to Norway of all places for my PhD, my previous colleagues (not quite sincerely) ‘mourned’ me for going to one of the few places with similarly good PhD salaries as Switzerland, and therefore missing out on the ‘real’ harsh world of science. Despite missing out on side-jobs and large depths, I am quite confident that I will have a great research experience during these (at least) 3 years I will stay in Norway and be a part of CEES!
I have come here a mere two months after finishing my Master studies at the University of Zurich, Switzerland, in the Population Ecology Research Group of Prof. Arpat Ozgul (www.popecol.org). Within my Master Thesis, I modelled interactive environmental impacts on demography and population dynamics of the African striped mouse and am now moving to… Fish! I have yet little knowledge about fish, but decent experience with population analysis using quantitative approaches. For my PhD within SUSTAIN, I will model environment and harvest impacts on a large population of Brown trout and use these models to come up with strategies for sustainable harvest of freshwater fish in the face of climate change.
- Ergon, Torbjørn; Borgan, Ørnulf; Nater, Chloé Rebecca & Vindenes, Yngvild (2018). The utility of mortality hazard rates in population analyses. Methods in Ecology and Evolution. ISSN 2041-210X. 9, s 2046- 2056 . doi: 10.1111/2041-210X.13059
- Nater, Chloé Rebecca; Rustadbakken, Atle; Ergon, Torbjørn; Langangen, Øystein; Moe, S. Jannicke; Vindenes, Yngvild; Vøllestad, Leif Asbjørn & Aass, Per (2018). Individual heterogeneity and early life conditions shape growth in a freshwater top predator. Ecology. ISSN 0012-9658. 99(5), s 1011- 1017 . doi: 10.1002/ecy.2178 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Nater, Chloé Rebecca; van Benthem, Koen J; Canale, Cindy I; Schradin, Carsten & Ozgul, Arpat (2018). Density feedbacks mediate effects of environmental change on population dynamics of a semidesert rodent. Journal of Animal Ecology. ISSN 0021-8790. 87(6), s 1534- 1546 . doi: 10.1111/1365-2656.12888 Show summary
- Nater, Chloé Rebecca; Canale, Cindy I; van Benthem, Koen J; Yuen, Chi-Hang; Schoepf, Ivana; Pillay, Neville; Ozgul, Arpat & Schradin, Carsten (2016). Interactive effects of exogenous and endogenous factors on demographic rates of an African rodent. Oikos. ISSN 0030-1299. 125(12), s 1838- 1848 . doi: 10.1111/oik.03384
- Nater, Chloé Rebecca (2015). Impacts of environmental changes, harvesting and management strategies on a size-structured population of brown trout.