Camilla Lo Cascio Sætre
I started as a Ph.D. student at CEES in August 2016. My project is aimed towards Colloquium 4 (“Integration of ecology and evolution”), and I will be supervised by Fabrice Eroukhmanoff and Kjetill Jakobsen. I did my Master’s at the Natural History Museum in Oslo, where I studied postcopulatory sexual selection in the bluethroat. I investigated possible correlations between paternity success and male secondary sexual characteristics, with a main focus on sperm traits. After that I worked as a research assistant for the sparrow group at CEES, where I did lab work, fieldwork and various other tasks. Under the supervision of Fabrice Eroukhmanoff, I also studied a population of reed warblers that have colonized a newly restored habitat in Malta. This turned out to be a very interesting population, and it became the starting point for my Ph.D. project.
In my Ph.D. project I will investigate genomic constraints on colonization and range shifts in the reed warbler.
- Sætre, Camilla Lo Cascio; Johnsen, Arild; Stensrud, Even & Cramer, Emily Rebecca A (2018). Sperm morphology, sperm motility and paternity success in the bluethroat (Luscinia svecica). PLOS ONE. ISSN 1932-6203. 13(3) . doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0192644 Full text in Research Archive.
- Sætre, Camilla Lo Cascio; Coleiro, Charles; Austad, Martin; Gauci, Mark; Sætre, Glenn-Peter; Voje, Kjetil L. & Eroukhmanoff, Fabrice (2017). Rapid adaptive phenotypic change following colonization of a newly restored habitat. Nature Communications. ISSN 2041-1723. 8(14159), s 1- 6 . doi: 10.1038/ncomms14159 Full text in Research Archive.
- Sætre, Glenn-Peter; Cuevas Pulido, Angelica Maria; Hermansen, Jo Skeie; Elgvin, Tore Oldeide; Fernández, Laura Piñeiro; Sæther, Stein Are; Sætre, Camilla Lo Cascio & Eroukhmanoff, Fabrice (2017). Rapid polygenic response to secondary contact in a hybrid species. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. ISSN 0962-8452. 284(1853) . doi: 10.1098/rspb.2017.0365 Show summary
- Sætre, Camilla Lo Cascio (2017). Genomic mechanisms behind colonization and range shifts.
- Sætre, Camilla Lo Cascio (2016). Range Shifts and Adaptation.
- Sætre, Camilla Lo Cascio (2016). Rapid adaptive phenotypic change following colonization of a newly restored habitat.