Sood Athumani Ndimuligo
I arrived for my PhD at CEES in late August 2013. My research topic is the status of Savannah Chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) in western Tanzania, and my supervisors are Prof. Nils C. Stenseth and Dr. R. Adriana Hernandez-Aguilar.
My last 12 years have been working with the Jane Goodall Institute, Tanzania, in the fields of research and community based conservation program in western Tanzania.
Additional professional experiences are in the follwoing fields:
- Designing and facilitation Conservation Action planning for natural resources
- Facilitation of participatory land resource and land use planning
- Community based natural resources management
- Climate change and natural resouces management
- Chimpanzee behavioural ecology
- Facilittation of institution formation and operationalization
- Forest and Wildlife reserve designing and participatory by-laws establishment
- Mwakapeje, Elibariki; Ndimuligo, Sood Athumani; Mosomtai, Gladys; Ayebare, Samuel; Nyakarahuka, Luke; Nonga, Hezron Emmanuel; Mdegela, Robinson Hammerthon & Skjerve, Eystein (2018). Ecological niche modeling as a tool for prediction of the potential geographic distribution of Bacillus anthracis spores in Tanzania. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. ISSN 1201-9712. 79, s 142- 151 . doi: 10.1016/j.ijid.2018.11.367 Full text in Research Archive.
- Piel, Alex K; Cohen, Naomi; Kamenya, Shadrack; Ndimuligo, Sood Athumani; Pintea, Lilian & Stewart, Fiona (2015). Population status of chimpanzees in the Masito-Ugalla Ecosystem, Tanzania. American Journal of Primatology. ISSN 0275-2565. 77(10), s 1027- 1035 . doi: 10.1002/ajp.22438
- Ndimuligo, Sood Athumani (2017). New evidence of well digging in savanna chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes schweinfurthii): Kahensa, Tanzania.
- Ndimuligo, Sood Athumani; Hernandez-Aguilar, Raquel Adriana; Kamenya, Shadrack & Stenseth, Nils Christian (2017). New Evidence of Well Digging in Savannah Chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes schweinfurthii), Kahensa, Tanzania. Folia primatologica. ISSN 0015-5713. s 112- 113 . doi: 10.1159/000479094
- Ndimuligo, Sood Athumani (2016). Vegetation structure and composition of two chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes schweinfurthii) savanna sites in western Tanzania.
- Ndimuligo, Sood Athumani (2013). Status of Savanna Chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) in Western Tanzania.
- Ndimuligo, Sood Athumani (2013). Vegetation structure the declining chimpanzee habitat of Kwitanga Forest, western Tanzania.