I am a new PhD student at CEES started around the end of September 2014. I hold a Masters degree in Bioinformatics and my primary interest is in the field of genomics.
My research work at CEES, under the supervision of Asbjørn Vøllestad and Kjetill Jakobsen, will involve analysis of sequence data from Grayling. Being a part of an interdisciplinary environment like CELS I look forward to working with statisticians and informaticians to solve some important biological questions related to teleost fishes.
- Varadharajan, Srinidhi; Sandve, Simen Rød; Gillard, Gareth Benjamin; Tørresen, Ole K.; Mulugeta, Teshome Dagne; Hvidsten, Torgeir Rhoden; Lien, Sigbjørn; Vøllestad, Leif Asbjørn; Jentoft, Sissel; Nederbragt, Alexander Johan & Jakobsen, Kjetill Sigurd (2018). The grayling genome reveals selection on gene expression regulation after whole-genome duplication. Genome Biology and Evolution. ISSN 1759-6653. 10(10), s 2785- 2800 . doi: 10.1093/gbe/evy201
- Sandve, Simen Rød; Hvidsten, Torgeir Rhoden; Lien, Sigbjørn; Rori, Rohlfs; Jakobsen, Kjetill Sigurd; Nome, Torfinn; Varadharajan, Srinidhi; Nederbragt, Alexander Johan & Vøllestad, Leif Asbjørn (2017). Evolution after whole genome duplication - insights from the salmonids.
- Varadharajan, Srinidhi (2017). Selection on gene duplicates following whole genome duplication: What do we learn from salmonid genomes?.
- Varadharajan, Srinidhi (2016). Whole genome duplication in salmonids. What to do with all those extra, duplicated genes?.
- Varadharajan, Srinidhi (2015). The grayling genome – comparative genomics of salmonids.