My main research interest lies in the impact of climate change and human activities on the aquatic environment and ecology. I received my MSc from Chinese Academy of Sciences where I studied the eutrophication and carbon cycling in the lakes and reservoirs along middle and lower reach of the Yangtze River, China. I received my PhD from University College London, UK. For my PhD I studied the spatio-temporal change of diatoms and the history of organic carbon in upland Scottish lakes through a Dorothy Hodgkin Postgraduate Scholarship (DHPA), Research Councils UK. Before joining CEES, I was working as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at University of Southampton, UK for a Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation project Aquatest. I researched the microbial water quality in developing countries, particularly in South Africa and China.
Here at CEES, University of Oslo I am working on the project BiWA with Professor Dag Hessen, Professor Tom Andersen and other colleagues. I am researching the impact of climate change on the Scandinavian lakes with collaborations of NINA (Norwegian Institute for Nature Research) NIVA (Norwegian Institute for Water Research) and University of Umeå, Sweden.
I can be contacted by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hu, Maochuan; Sayama, Takahiro; Zhang, Xingqi; Tanaka, Kenji; Takara, Kaoru & Yang, Hong (2017). Evaluation of low impact development approach for mitigating flood inundation at a watershed scale in China. Journal of Environmental Management. ISSN 0301-4797. 193, s 430- 438 . doi: 10.1016/j.jenvman.2017.02.020 Show summary
- Li, Jianbao; Huang, Xianjin; Yang, Hong; Chuai, Xiaowei & Wu, Changyan (2017). Convergence of carbon intensity in the Yangtze River Delta, China. Habitat International. ISSN 0197-3975. 60, s 58- 68 . doi: 10.1016/j.habitatint.2016.12.012 Show summary
- Li, Xian; Zhao, Shuhe; Yang, Hong; Cong, Dianmin & Zhang, Zhaohua (2017). A bi-band binary mask based land-use change detection using landsat 8 OLI imagery. Sustainability. ISSN 2071-1050. 9(3), s 1- 17 . doi: 10.3390/su9030479 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Yang, Hong; Xia, Junqiang; Thompson, Julian R. & Flower, Roger J. (2017). Urban construction and demolition waste and landfill failure in Shenzhen, China. Waste Management. ISSN 0956-053X. 63, s 393- 396 . doi: 10.1016/j.wasman.2017.01.026 Show summary
- Zhao, Shuhe; Cong, Dianmin; He, Kexun; Yang, Hong & Qin, Zhihao (2017). Spatial-Temporal Variation of Drought in China from 1982 to 2010 Based on a modified Temperature Vegetation Drought Index (mTVDI). Scientific Reports. ISSN 2045-2322. 7, s 1- 12 . doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-17810-3 Show summary
- Zhu, Xiaobo; Ma, Mingguo; Yang, Hong & Ge, Wei (2017). Modeling the spatiotemporal dynamics of gross domestic product in China using extended temporal coverage nighttime light data. Remote Sensing. ISSN 2072-4292. 9(6), s 1- 19 . doi: 10.3390/rs9060626 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Lai, Li; Huang, Xianjin; Yang, Hong; Chuai, Xiaowei; Zhang, Mei; Zhong, Taiyang; Chen, Zhigang; Chen, Yi; Wang, Xiao & Thompson, Julian R. (2016). Carbon emissions from land-use change and management in China between 1990 and 2010. Science Advances. ISSN 2375-2548. 2(11) . doi: 10.1126/sciadv.1601063 Show summary
- Yang, Hong; Ma, Mingguo; Thompson, Julian R. & Flower, Roger J. (2017). Protect coastal wetlands in China to save endangered migratory birds. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. ISSN 0027-8424. 114(28), s E5491- E5492 . doi: 10.1073/pnas.1706111114
- Yang, Hong; Ma, Mingguo; Thompson, Julian R. & Flower, Roger J. (2017). Reform China's fisheries subsidies. Science. ISSN 0036-8075. 356(6345), s 1343- 1343 . doi: 10.1126/science.aan8389
- Yang, Hong; Xia, Junqiang & Flower, Roger J. (2017). Community support: Locals embrace China nuclear project. Nature. ISSN 0028-0836. 542(7642), s 414 . doi: 10.1038/542414c