The Annual CEES Student Conference
View the program (pdf).
The program for Monday morning:
09:15 Coach departs Blindern (Prestgårdsveien, behind Kristine Bonnevie's House)
10:00-10:45 Coffee & refreshments
10:45-10:55 Nils Chr. Stenseth. –Welcome!
View the full program (pdf).
Dear all CEES members!
We are pleased to invite you to the Annual CEES Conference and Banquet at the Holmen Fjord Hotel, 14-16 October 2013.
* The event is compulsory for all CEES members (including students).
* Presentations are mandatory for ALL Master and PhD students and all PostDocs are strongly encouraged to give a presentation.
* Detailed programme will be available on the CEES web pages soon.
* Free bus to/from Holmen Fjordhotell. Departing Blindern from behind Kristine Bonnevie's House, (Prestgårdsveien) early in the morning October 14th. and return from the hotel late afternoon on October16th. (more details later).
* Deadline for registration: September 15th, 2013.
* Deadline for abstract submission: September 27th, 2013.
* Deadline for submission of presentation (PowerPoint): October 4th, 2013.
Please reply as soon as possible and no later than September 15th, 2013.
Master and PhD students will, as part of their training, present their research to date. PostDocs are strongly encouraged to present their work, and could be asked to do so!
There will be a short presentation of the different research groups at CEES (Preferably by the group leader).
Please keep in mind that supervisors should assist their students/PhD fellows in preparing their presentations. (If the students have not completed their projects at the time of the conference, they should present their work to date, or plans for future work).
We will produce a booklet of abstracts. -This will be available in the CEES administration a few days prior to the conference (as well as on the conference).
With this in mind, we ask that all speakers submit their abstracts to Helle Baalsrud (email@example.com) no later than 16:00, Friday September 27th, 2013.
The presentations should be in PowerPoint (.ppt) format, and submitted to Helle Baalsrud (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 16:00, Friday October 4th, 2013.
There will be free buses to/from the venue.
Being gathered at this very nice place by the fjord, we will take the opportunity to enjoy a banquet one of the evenings.
All costs will be covered by CEES (excluding additional bar and room service) and, of course, all CEES staff and students are welcome to this event.
Dress code: formal/nice.
We would like to remind you that attendance to this conference is mandatory for all CEES members.
If you are unable to attend, please provide your reasons in the online form.
We hope to see you there!
Paul, Helle, CEES Chair & Admin Team ++
View the program (pdf).