Doctoral degree and research training
Find reading lists, lecture times and notes from all courses.
Fraudsters who cheat on their taxes, launder money or con insurance companies are facing uncertain times. New statistical methods are increasing the likelihood that they will be caught.
A new treatment that strongly inhibits the development of prostate cancer has been found by an international research group led by the University of Oslo. The treatment can also enhance the effect of medicines already used against prostate cancer. The scientific article was published in Nature Communications on Thursday 24 January.
Archaeologists in Iceland have for decades examined the remains of more than 350 graves from the Viking Age. In approximately 150 of these, teeth or bones of horses were found. Geneticists and archaeologists have now examined ancient DNA from 19 horses in such graves, and it turned out that all horses - except one - were male.
- Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics
- Department of Biosciences
- School of Pharmacy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Geosciences
- Department of Informatics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Technology Systems
- Centre for Computing in Science Education (CCSE)
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)
- Centre for Material Sciences and Nanotechnology (SMN)
- Rosseland Centre for Solar Physics (RoCS)
- Centre for Scalable Data Access in the Oil and Gas Domain (SIRIUS)
- Norwegian Centre for Science Education
- Hylleraas Centre for Quantum Molecular Sciences
- Njord Centre
- Centre for Biogeochemistry in the Anthropocene
Anything you would like to speak up about, but unsure if you dare to do so?
Mar. 15, 2019 9:41 AM
Both students and employees at UiO should feel safe. If you would like to speak up about something at UiO but are unsure if you should dare to do so, we have created an overview of what happens when a whistleblowing notification is made.
PhD fellowships available in computational science through the SUURPh training programme
Mar. 14, 2019 2:34 PM
Application deadline: 7 April 2019
PhD fellowships available in computational science through the SUURPh international training programme - four positions.
UiO has received new guidelines against harassment
Mar. 13, 2019 8:30 AM
Harassment is not accepted at UiO. The aim of the guidelines is to prevent harassment.
The University of Oslo is a partner in the NORA Consortium - The Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Research Consortium - that aims to strengthen Norwegian research and education within artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics.