For the first time a whole genome analysis has been conducted for the Atlantic puffin. The results are important in order to conserve the genetical variation.
Find reading lists, lecture times and notes from all courses.
Doctoral degree and research training
A new modeling result suggests that COVID-19 will turn into a childhood disease mostly affecting younger children.
Volcanic CO2 triggered the Permian extinction 252 million years ago. “This is highly relevant to present-day climate change,” professor says.
- Centre for Computing in Science Education (CCSE)
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)
- Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology (SMN)
- Norwegian Centre for Science Education
- KURT – Centre for Teaching and Learning in Science
Travelling the world to work with the Sun
Sep. 15, 2021 12:16 PM
- The Whole Sun Project, provides a unique opportunity for me to work and collaborate with experts from other European institutions, says the latest newcomer to RoCS. His name is Avijeet Prasad and he is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
A career change led him to RoCS
Sep. 14, 2021 8:31 AM
- Three years ago, I decided to become a software developer, says Wojciech Olejarz. And this spring he started working for RoCS - Rosseland Centre for Solar Physics.
New guidance service in research data management
Sep. 13, 2021 2:40 PM
The University Library har launched a new service for advice and guidance on how to write data management plans and data management in general.
RoCS publications August 2021
Sep. 8, 2021 12:58 PM
Two publications have been accepted for publication from RoCS in August. Doctoral Research Fellow Souvik Bose and Guest Researcher Daniel Nóbrega Siverio present their latest findings.
The Solar ALMA Science Archive (SALSA) is now open for all scientists
Sep. 7, 2021 2:44 PM
The SolarALMA project run by RoCS - the Rosseland Centre for Solar Physics - has just been concluded. The result is an archive with science-ready ALMA observations of the Sun. The archive is now open for all scientists.
UiOs Sabrina Sartori elected as MRS Vice President
Sep. 7, 2021 1:18 PM
After a month long election period, the results are out: UiOs Associate Professor, Sabrina Sartori has been elected in the presidential line, for three years, of Materials Research Society (MRS)
The University of Oslo is a partner in the NORA Consortium - The Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Research Consortium - that aims to strengthen Norwegian research and education within artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics.