The question of what happens in the atmosphere when a supervolcano erupts, has concerned scientists in atmospheric chemistry and meteorology for a while.
Find reading lists, lecture times and notes from all courses.
Doctoral degree and research training
This is the first quadruped robot that is able to automatically adapt its morphology to different conditions in unstructured outdoor environments.
New insight into how antimicrobial peptides destroy the membrane may help in designing better drugs against multi-drug resistant bacterial infections.
- Centre for Computing in Science Education (CCSE)
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)
- Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology (SMN)
- Norwegian Centre for Science Education
- KURT – Centre for Teaching and Learning in Science
Jessie explores features of distant galaxies
July 19, 2021 2:47 PM
– The night sky is so much prettier once you start to understand the physics behind the light reaching us from distant objects.
Mats Ola studies solar "geysers"
July 16, 2021 10:34 AM
– What fascinates me the most about astronomy must be the whole composition of it.
Petter gir deg svaret på koronatesten
July 15, 2021 10:58 AM
Er koronatesten min positiv eller negativ? Det har vært et spørsmål de fleste har stilt oss selv under koronapandemien. Petter jobber med å finne ut akkurat dette.
Jowita looks at the history of the Universe
July 13, 2021 1:09 PM
- The most fascinating thing about astronomy is that us humans, not living in any special location in the Universe, have figured out the way to learn about its vastness and evolution.
Nils-Ole filters out the weak light of the young Universe
July 12, 2021 9:25 AM
– What could be more exciting than to uncover the very nature of reality by studying the contents of the Universe! There is no other field of science that researches a thing as fundamental as the very Universe itself!
Expanding the boundaries of solar physics
July 9, 2021 1:38 PM
As one of nine Centres of Excellence (SFF) at the University of Oslo, RoCS - Rosseland Centre for Solar Physics, has become a thriving international hub with 48 employees from around the globe.
The University of Oslo is a partner in the NORA Consortium - The Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Research Consortium - that aims to strengthen Norwegian research and education within artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics.