The world's smallest fish lives like a larvae throughout its whole life. But the really strange discovery is that the "baby carp" has a genome lacking a lot of important bits.
Geobiologist and bestselling author Anne Hope Jahren has no doubts. Her “best lab ever” is the one she recently started at the University of Oslo.
There are less than 10,000 surviving Bale monkeys in Ethiopia, and they prefer to eat only bamboo – but the bamboo forests are shrinking. New research shows that the Bale monkeys can still be saved from extinction.
- Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics
- Department of Biosciences
- School of Pharmacy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Geosciences
- Department of Informatics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Technology Systems
- Centre for Computing in Science Education (CCSE)
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)
- Centre for Entrepreneurship (SFE)
- Centre for Material Sciences and Nanotechnology (SMN)
- Rosseland Centre for Solar Physics (RoCS)
- Centre for Scalable Data Access in the Oil and Gas Domain (SIRIUS)
- Norwegian Centre for Science Education
- Hylleraas Centre for Quantum Molecular Sciences
The Silicon Road – Chinese-Norwegian partnership in photovoltaics
May 16, 2018 11:16 AM
The Chinese company Jinko Solar is currently the world’s largest producer of solar panels, and it manufactures the solar cells with the highest efficiency. Jinko Solar is also a key partner in the INTPART-project SiNorAPV: Sino-Norwegian Alliance in Photovoltaics, coordinated by Prof. Andrej Kuznetsov at the Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology (SMN), UiO. SiNorAPV is now looking for MSc- and PhD-students from UiO, NTNU, NMBU and UiA, who would like to spend a two-week internship this summer at the Jinko Solar factory near Shanghai. Five internships are available in 2018, the call can be found here.
Life sciences: Information and input meeting funding of new convergence environments
May 8, 2018 1:20 PM
Do you want to join the application process in 2018/2019 for funding of new interdisciplinary research groups in life sciences? Then you should sign up for one of UiO:Life Science´s meetings in the end of May.
Call for nominations to Alf Bjørseth’s inspiration prize
May 4, 2018 11:10 AM
The second annual prize will be awarded on June 12th 2018.
Highlight in "Astronomy & Astrophysics"
Apr. 23, 2018 2:01 PM
A new article by professor Mats Carlsson at RoCS, among others, was recently selected as a highlight in the scientific journal "Astronomy & Astrophysics".