Water is becoming browner many places in Norway. That might seem like a small thing, but this brown water is causing ripples that impact entire ecosystems.
All of the great apes make beds to sleep in. A new study shows that chimpanzee beds are impressively clean when it comes to fecal bacteria - so clean that humans would have to live in an IKEA warehouse to do better.
Surprisingly many fossils were found while researchers were considering CO2 storage on Svalbard. New discoveries tell us more about life there in the Jurassic period.
- Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics
- Department of Biosciences
- School of Pharmacy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Geosciences
- Department of Informatics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Technology Systems
- Centre for Computing in Science Education (CCSE)
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)
- Centre for Entrepreneurship (SFE)
- Centre for Material Sciences and Nanotechnology (SMN)
- Rosseland Centre for Solar Physics (RoCS)
- Centre for Scalable Data Access in the Oil and Gas Domain (SIRIUS)
- Norwegian Centre for Science Education
- Hylleraas Centre for Quantum Molecular Sciences
'ESA Living Planet Fellowship' postdoc grant to Bas Altena
July 17, 2018 12:40 PM
A freshly graduated PhD in geomatics from the University of Oslo, Bas Altena, have been granted a postdoc grant from the European Space Agency's (ESA) Living Planet Fellowship program. With this fellowship he will explore new ways to exploit satellite data from the Copernicus program in combination with other satellites to help understand fast changes in the cryosphere.
Anne Hope Jahren will give the Popular Lecture associated with the Kavli Prize
July 6, 2018 1:59 PM
2018 marks the tenth anniversary of the Kavli Prize, which recognizes scientists for major advances in three research areas: astrophysics, nanoscience, and neuroscience—the big, the small, and the complex.
Funding of new convergence environments 2018/2019
June 25, 2018 8:31 AM
Today UiO:Life Science funds seven convergence environments – interdisciplinary research groups that address major challenges within the life sciences related to health and environment/sustainability. Now a new application round starts. The registration deadline for the digital meeting place and workshops is 22 August.
New Professor in Geosciences/UiO; Stephanie Werner
June 21, 2018 1:09 PM
Stephanie Werner at CEED and Department of Geosciences is now employed in a permanent position as a Professor at the Department of Geosciences, University of Oslo, Norway.