The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences runs a Master Class for those applying for the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Individual Fellowship Call.
* Master Class 2020 cancelled*
As part of measures to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the current situation in Norway and around the world, we had to make the difficult but unavoidable decision and cancel the Master Class 2020.
We will contact everyone who applied to attend the Master Class in order to make arrangements to offer you the best possible (digital) follow-up.
Please contact us in case you have not applied for the class, but would still like to send a MSCA-IF 2020 application with our Faculty as the host institution.
The aim of the Master Class is to attract and train highly motivated researchers to successfully apply for an MSCA Individual Fellowship with the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences as the host institution.
The Master Class is also open for candidates applying for a Global Fellowship with our Faculty as the return host institution.
Who can apply for the Master Class?
- Master Class application documents
- Essential inormation about MSCA Individual Fellowships
Potential supervisors can suggest projects or describe the expertise of their research group. These descriptions will be available below under Suggested Topics (follow the link).
Selection of Master Class applicants and practical information
- Applicants will be selected for the Master Class based on excellence. For most research fields there is a requirement of at least one published article as first author in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Selected applicants will receive a formal invitation to come to the University of Oslo to meet with their supervisors, to visit laboratories and research groups, and to attend a hands-on Master Class on proposal writing.
- There is an additional opportunity to receive follow-up reviews from an external consultant, as well as full support from the Faculty’s EU advisers during the application process.
Only after receiving the formal invitation, we will contact you in order to arrange your travel and stay in Oslo. The prerequisite for attending and receiving the travel stipend is the submission of the MSCA Individual Fellowship application that fulfills the official eligibility criteria.
Participation costs and hotel accommodation will be arranged and covered by the Faculty beforehand.