Teaching portfolio workshop
The center for teaching and learning in science (KURT) is arranging a teaching portfolio workshop for PhDs and postdoctoral fellows at MN.
Registration is closed.
Registered participants will receive the Zoom link when registration has closed.
In the last couple of years, documentation of teaching practices in higher education has received more focus and become an important part of academic careers.
In many situations, there is now a requirement that the documentation is presented in a teaching portfolio, and that you reflect on your development as a teacher. This could be relevant for when you apply for new positions, promotion or meritorious.
After the workshop you are able to:
- Explain what a teaching portfolio is and why it is important.
- Reflect upon the four criteria of scholarship of teaching and learning
- Describe your teaching history, and use your teaching history to find relevant documentation.
- Describe and reflect upon a particular teaching situation.
- Establish a framework for your teaching portfolio.
- Reflect upon your own understanding of learning and write your teaching philosophy.
To read more about teaching portfolios visit: Teaching portfolios at the MN Faculty - KURT – Centre for Teaching and Learning in Science (uio.no).
If you have not started your teaching portfolio, or want to make sure you are on the right track, this is the workshop for you!