Here you will find the latest updates from the Faculty management and relevant information in relation to your PhD period.
Messages from the Faculty management
- You have to take an infection prevention course before returning to campus. See also UiO's infection prevention guide.
- UiO page: Information about the coronavirus (COVID-19)
- MN page: Information for students at the MN Faculty
PhD candidates with a workplace other than UiO must adhere to the guidelines at their workplace.
The University has established a solution for arranging a fully digital trial lecture. You can choose either to record your trial lecture at home using Zoom or give it live via Zoom before your public defense. A live session needs to be approved by your opponents due to timing between different time zones.
The University has established solutions for arranging a fully digital public defence.
The digital defences will meet the requirement for transparency and the possibility for the public to ask questions.
The Faculty is working on digitalizing the teaching and on finding good solutions for the implementation of exams. It is therefore important that you continue to read and keep updated on the information provided by the Faculty.
- Contact points about the coronavirus
- Questions regarding your PhD: contact your local PhD administration
- Support for your digital trial lecture/disputation: contact your local IT technician
- For general digital support: contact UiO's Helpdesk
- Faculty PhD administration
- Occupational Health Service Unit
Helsenorge.no gives you updated information on infection control measures and other information related to the Coronavirus. Please note that the recommendations can change quickly.
- Information for the general public: 815 55 015
- Information for health professionals: 21 07 70 00 (daytime). Outside office hours: 21 07 63 48