Research schools at the Faculty
The Research Council of Norway provides funding to national graduate-level research schools across the country. The research schools are part of an effort to create a better framework for research education. These schools are designed to supplement existing doctoral degree programmes at the various institutions and their goal is to improve the quality of the PhD education. In addition, the research schools should contribute to the internationalization of research education in Norway.
Each school consists of a network of institutions that have entered into a binding cooperation on PhD education in a specific field. The participating institutions collaborate on PhD courses, seminars, summer schools and the like, with reciprocal use of their respective laboratory facilities in fields where this is relevant. The research schools can thus provide broader-based research education than each individual institution can on its own.
The Faculty has the following research schools:
- PhD Research School: Development and Applications of Intelligent Detectors
- Simula School of Research and Innovation at the University of Oslo
National research schools
Hosted by the University of Oslo
- Digital Life Norway Research School
- National Research School in Pharmacy
- DEEP: Norwegian Research School for Dynamics and Evolution of Earth and Planets