UiO:RealArt – A New Convergence Environment at UiO!
We are excited to announce that UiO:RealArt, led by PharmaTox professor Hedvig Nordeng in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of researchers, has been appointed as a new convergence environment at the University of Oslo!
On November 10, 2021, six new convergence environments at the University of Oslo (UiO) were announced. Such environments are dedicated to perform "beyond state-of-the-art" science, by recruiting and developing research talents, and promoting innovation within the life sciences.
One of the convergence environments was UiO:RealArt, led by PharmaTox professor Hedvig Nordeng. With a multidisciplinary team of researchers, UiO:RealArt will use machine learning on health data and simulated data to understand the causal relationship between medication use in pregnancy and child development.
In addition to Hedvig Nordeng, the principal investigators of UiO:RealArt are:
- Professor Janne von Torkildsen, Dpt. of Special Needs Education, Faculty of Educational Sciences, UiO
- Professor Eivind Ystrøm, Genetic research group, PROMENTA, Dpt. of Psychology, Faculty of Social Sciences, UiO
- Researcher Kristina Gervin, Div. Clinical Neuroscience, Oslo University Hospital and UiO
- Professor Geir Kjetil Sandve, Section for Machine Learning, Dpt. of Informatics, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, UiO
- Dr. Chakravarthi Kanduri, Centre for Bioinformatics, Dpt. of Informatics, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, UiO
We are very excited about this opportunity, and look forward to follow UiO:RealArt and their work in the years to come!
Read more about UiO:RealArt here.