PhD course: FARM901 Developing and testing complex healthcare interventions
The aim of the course is to introduce healthcare service researchers to the process of evaluating complex interventions.
The course will consist of:
- Defining the concepts of feasibility testing, piloting and definitive trials
- The design of randomised controlled trials to maximise generalisability and minimise both reactive and systematic bias
- The role of statistics in trial design and evaluation
- The concept of health economics and how to incorporate it in the evaluation of complex interventions
- Process evaluation to maximise intervention effectiveness and likelihood of future implementation
Application deadline: 16th April 2018. Apply here!