PhD project description
The background for the project is the current international lack of knowledge about the possible long-term effect of pharmaceuticals on human neurodevelopment. The aim of the project is to conduct experimental research on human brain organoids and neuronally differentiated human stem cell cultures. The project addresses adverse effects on the brain development of pharmaceuticals commonly used by pregnant women, including antidepressants and antiepileptic drugs.
Prof. Ragnhild E. Paulsen (Team leader: The PharmaTox Strategic Research Initiative & Group leader: Neurobiology and Toxicology lab, Department of Pharmacy, UiO).
Prof. Joel C. Glover (Director: Norwegian Center for Stem Cell Research, Oslo University Hospital & Head of Laboratory of Neural Development and Optical Recording (NDEVOR), Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Department of Molecular Medicine, UiO).
Dr. Sigrid Bjørnstad (Consultant pathologist: Department of Pathology, Ullevål, Oslo University Hospital).
|Drug testing platforms||Development of the brain and spinal cord|
|Neuropharmacology||Cell and Molecular biology|
|Pharmacotoxicology||ADHD and autism|
Teaching assistance (2019-2020)
- FARM1110 – Pharmacology, Physiology and Cell Biology 1 (in norwegian, every autumn)
- FARM1150 – Pharmaceutical Based Biochemistry (in norwegian, every spring)
- FARM2140 – Pharmaceutical Microbiology (in norwegian, every spring)
- FRM4010 – Preparation Course for Research in Biology (in norwegian, every spring)
Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (120 h / Universitetspedagogisk basiskompetanse) UiO, August-December 2020
- 04/2017-09/2018 Researcher in the Laboratory of Developmental Biology (Prof. Seppo Vainio, Oulu University, Oulu, Finland)
- 01/2018-03/2018 Visiting Researcher in the Norwegian Center for Stem Cell Research (Prof. Joel Glover, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway)
- 01/2015-04/2017 Junior Researcher in the Laboratory of Comparative Biochemistry of Cellular Functions (Dr. Margarita Glazova, IEPHB RAS, St. Petersburg, Russia)
- 10/2012-01/2015 Student Assistant in the Group of Molecular Mechanisms of Neuronal Functioning (IEPHB RAS, St. Petersburg, Russia)
- 09/2014-07/2016 MSc in Cell Biology, Cytology, Histology, and Immunology (SPBU, St. Petersburg, Russia)
- 09/2010-07/2014 BSc in Physiology and Biomedicine (SPBU, St. Petersburg, Russia)
Yadav, A., Amber, M., Zosen, D., Labba, N.A., Huiberts, E.H.W., Erdem, J.S., Haugen, F., Berntsen, H.F., Zienolddiny, S., Paulsen, R.E. and Ropstad, E., 2020. A human relevant mixture of persistent organic pollutants (POPs) and perfluorooctane sulfonic acid (PFOS) enhance nerve growth factor (NGF)-induced neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells. Toxicology Letters. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.toxlet.2020.12.007
Zosen, D.V., Dorofeeva, N.A., Chernigovskaya, E.V., Bachteeva, V.T. and Glazova, M.V., 2018. ERK1/2 inhibition increases dopamine release from differentiated PC12 cells. Neuroscience letters, 684, pp.6-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neulet.2018.06.056
Saparova, V. B., Zosen, D. V., Nasluzova, E. V., Berezovskaya, A. S., Bakhteeva, V. T., Gorbacheva, E. L., Chernigovskaya, E. V., & Glazova, M. V. (2019). Analysis of Neural Stem Cells from Krushinskii–Molodkina Rats, Which Have a Genetic Predisposition to Audiogenic Seizures. Neuroscience and Behavioral Physiology, 49(6), 765-772. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11055-019-00799-9
Dorofeeva, N.A., Nikitina, L.S., Zosen, D.V., Glazova, M.V. and Chernigovskaya, E.V., 2017. Functional state of the nigrostriatal system of Krushinsky–Molodkina rats during audiogenic seizure expression. Russian Journal of Genetics: Applied Research, 7(3), pp.217-225. https://doi.org/10.1134/S2079059717030029
Zosen, D. V., and M. V. Glazova. "The Role of the Interaction of p53 and the MAPK Cascade in Controlling Neuronal Differentiation in the PC12 Cell Line." Neuroscience and Behavioral Physiology 46.5 (2016): 559-565. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11055-016-0277-y
- Yadav, Ajay; Amber, Mazia; Zosen, Denis; Labba, Nils Anders; Huiberts, Eva Henriette Willemijn; Samulin-Erdem, Johanna Maria; Haugen, Fred; Berntsen, Hanne Friis; Zienolddiny, Shanbeh; Paulsen, Ragnhild Elisabeth; Ropstad, Erik; Connolly, Lisa & Verhaegen, Steven (2020). A human relevant mixture of persistent organic pollutants (POPs) and perfluorooctane sulfonic acid (PFOS) enhance nerve growth factor (NGF)-induced neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells. Toxicology Letters. ISSN 0378-4274. 338, s 85- 96 . doi: 10.1016/j.toxlet.2020.12.007 Fulltekst i vitenarkiv. Vis sammendrag