- Frictional fluids
- Granular flows
- Anomalous diffusion
- Rarefied gas dynamics
- Reaction-Diffusion systems
- Plaster dissolution / Gypsum precipitation
- Experimental classes in Optics and Wave mechanics - B. Sc. level - University Paris Nord
- Mathematics and Physics tutorials - B. Sc. level - University Paris Nord
Coordinator for the artistic science dissemination project "Et Fysikkeventyr fra Nord" (www.etfysikkeventyr.no). In 2014 hundreds of school pupils have gotten their first physics course all along Norway. We wrote and performed a scientific fairytale in Norwegian schools, completed by consistent experimental physics activities.
My undergraduate pathways developed in France at Ecole Normale Supérieure - Lyon (auditeur libre) and at University Pierre and Marie Curie - Paris. I obtained a PhD in Physics in 2010 under the supervision of Annie Lemarchand on flame propagation and plaster setting considered as reactive structured systems. I developed an strong interest towards theoretical and numerical methods at the edge between chemical physics and stochastic processes theory.
In a first postdoc at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow I focused on solid gas interaction in kinetic theory within the Marie Curie ITN GASMEMS under the uspervision of Jason Reeese and Yonghao Zhang. I used molecular dynamics to derive an empirical scattering kernel able to reproduce hydrodynamic discontinuities as flow wall boundaries.
From 2012 I developed two main research topics at the University of Oslo. Under the supervision of Eirik Flekkøy and Knut Jørgen Måløy I worked on multiphase frictional flows. In particular I put in evidence experimentally a specific self-structuring of immersed granular material under the progress of a gas/liquid interface inside a millifluidic tube.
I also worked on a theoretical minimal model capable of reproducing the sub-diffusive transient dynamics and concentration depletion zone around a reactive site. This is relevant for CO2 sequestration in shales.
Self-Structuring of Granular material under Capillary Bulldozing, G. Dumazer, B. Sandnes, M. Ayaz, K. J. måløy, and E. G. Flekkøy, Proceedings of the 8 th Int. Conf. Powders and Grains, 3-7 July 2017, Montpellier, France
Compaction of granular material inside confined geometries, B. Marks, B. Sandnes, G. Dumazer, J. A. Eriksen, and K. J. Måløy, Front. Phys., 3, 41 (2015).
The Nordic Physics Tale : a travelling scientific dissemination project teaching science to children with an artistic approach, G. Dumazer and A. Bruna, Proceedings of the Conference New Perspectives in Science Education - Edition 4, Florence (2015).
Nonlinear hydrodynamic corrections to supersonic F-KPP wave front, C. Antoine, G. Dumazer, B. Nowakowski, and A. Lemarchand, Physica D, 241, 461 (2012).
Molecular dynamics of argon interaction with a copper surface, G. Dumazer, Y. Zhang, and J. Reese, 3 rd Int. GASMEMS Summer School and Workshop, 6-11 June 2011, Universitario di Bertinoro, Italy.
Microscopic simulations of supersonic and subsonic exothermic chemical wave fronts and transition to detonation, A. Lemarchand, B. Nowakowski, G. Dumazer, and C. Antoine, J. Chem. Phys., 134, 034121 (2011).
Master equation approach to gypsum needle crystallization, G. Dumazer, V. Narayan, A. Smith, and A. Lemarchand, J. Phys. Chem. C, 114, 3830 (2010).
Steady dynamics of exothermic chemical wave fronts in van der Waals fluids, G. Dumazer, C. Antoine, A. Lemarchand, B. Nowakowski, Phys. Rev. E, 80, 066309 (2009).
Modeling gypsum crystallization on a submicrometric scale, G. Dumazer, V. Narayan, A. Smith, and A. Lemarchand, J. Phys. Chem. C, 113, 1189 (2009).
Transition beween an exothermic chemical wave front and a generic flame, G. Dumazer, M. Leda, B. Nowakowski, and A. Lemarchand, Phys. Rev. E, 78, 016309 (2008).
Molecular dynamics modeling of the thermal conductivity of irradiated SiC as a function of cascade overlap, J.-P. Crocombette, G. Dumazer, N.Q. Hoang, F. Gao, and W.J. Weber, J. Appl. Phys., 101, 023527 (2007).
- Schmiedel, Tobias; Galland, Olivier; Haug, Øystein Thorden; Dumazer, Guillaume Henri & Breitkreuz, Christoph (2019). Coulomb failure of Earth's brittle crust controls growth, emplacement and shapes of igneous sills, saucer-shaped sills and laccoliths.. Earth and Planetary Science Letters. ISSN 0012-821X. 510, s 161- 172 . doi: 10.1016/j.epsl.2019.01.011
- Bertelsen, Håvard Svanes; Rogers, Benjamin David; Galland, Olivier; Dumazer, Guillaume Henri & Benanni, Alexandre Abbana (2018). Laboratory Modeling of Coeval Brittle and Ductile Deformation During Magma Emplacement Into Viscoelastic Rocks.. Frontiers in Earth Science. ISSN 2296-6463. 6, s 1- 16 . doi: 10.3389/feart.2018.00199
- Dumazer, Guillaume Henri; Flekkøy, Eirik Grude; Renard, Francois & Angheluta, Luiza (2017). Transient anomalous diffusion regimes in reversible adsorbing systems. Physical review. E. ISSN 2470-0045. 96(4) . doi: 10.1103/PhysRevE.96.042106
- Dumazer, Guillaume Henri; Sandnes, Bjørnar; Ayaz, Monem; Måløy, Knut Jørgen & Flekkøy, Eirik Grude (2017). Self-Structuring of Granular material under Capillary Bulldozing. The European Physical Journal Conferences. ISSN 2101-6275. 140 . doi: 10.1051/epjconf/201714009016
- Marks, Benjy; Eriksen, Jon Alm; Dumazer, Guillaume Henri; Sandnes, Bjørnar & Måløy, Knut Jørgen (2017). Size segregation of intruders in perpetual granular avalanches. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. ISSN 0022-1120. 825, s 502- 514 . doi: 10.1017/jfm.2017.419
- Dumazer, Guillaume Henri; Sandnes, Bjørnar; Ayaz, Monem; Måløy, Knut Jørgen & Flekkøy, Eirik Grude (2016). Frictional Fluid Dynamics and Plug Formation in Multiphase Millifluidic Flow. Physical Review Letters. ISSN 0031-9007. 117(2) . doi: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.117.028002