High energy particle physics, currently with ATLAS at LHC. Beyond Standard Model: Supersymmetry (including Higgs) and Dark Matter, New symmetries (Gauge Bosons W', Z'), Extra dimensions (Graviton, Black-holes). Astro-particle Physics, Neutrino Physics. Distributed (Grid) Computing. Education & Outreach. More info.
- FYS5555 Research-based Particle Physics 2019 -
- FYS4555 Advanced Particle Physics 2018 -
- FYS3510 Subatomic physics with astrophysics applications More about course
- FYS4560 Elementary particle physics More about course
- FYS2010 Physics in today´s research not lectured
Higher education and employment history
- 1978-1982: University of Tizi-Ouzou, Algeria, "DES" Theoretical physics
- 1982-1983: University of Orsay, France, "DEA" Nuclear and Particle physics
- 1983-1986: CEN Saclay, France, PhD in Particle physics. CELLO experiment at PETRA, DESY, Hamburg, Germany.
- 1986-1991: Research associate, Hamburg University, JADE experiment at PETRA and H1 experiment at HERA
- 1992-1999: University of Zurich, Switzerland. Crystal Barrel experiment at CERN; MUNU experiment at Bugey reactor, France; CMS experiment at CERN. University teaching.
- 1999- : University of Oslo, Norway, HERA-B experiment at HERA; ATLAS experiment at LHC, CERN; EuroNuNet; SDI; NorLHC; Grid Computing at NorduGrid, NGN, KnowARC, NGIn, EMI, ARC4eInfrastructures, NorCC, NorLHC-I & II, University teaching. Education & Outreach: IPPOG, IMC, ZPATH
- Norwegian and UiO CERN-related High Energy Particle Physics (HEPP): Leader (2006-2019)
- NorCC: Particle physics leader (2020 - )
- NorLHC-I and -II: Computing WP leader (2018 - )
- ATLAS Collaboration: Oslo Team Leader, Collaboration Board, International Computing Board, National contact physicist (2005 - )
- International Particle Physics Outreach Group (IPPOG): Norwegian representative (2006 - ), Masterclasses Steering Committee (2010 - )
- NorduGrid Collaboration: Board Chair (2003 - )
- Management Committee member, EuroNuNet Cost Action
- Leader ARC4eInfrastructures project (2015 - 2018)
- Leader ZPATH Research-based education Olav Thon project (2017 - 2022)
- NGIn Grid research and education: Project leader (2010 - 2014)
- European Middleware Initiative: Collaboration Board and Executive CB (2009 - 2013)