Physics of Geological Processes (PGP)
PGP was a Norwegian Centre of Excellence (CoE) funded by the Research Council of Norway (NFR) from 2003-2013. From 2013, PGP operates as a cross-disciplinary research group that integrates physics and geology. PGP currently gathers scientists from both the Department of Geoscience (PGP group) and the Physics Department (Condensed Matter group) within the University of Oslo.
Torres del Paine Laccolith, Southern Chilean Patagonia - Photo: Olivier Galland
19 Oct 2018 - Welcome to Matteo Demurtas, new postdoc at PGP!
18 Oct 2018 - On October 26th, Audun Skaugen will defend his PhD thesis on quantum turbulence and plasticity.
11 June 2018 - Congratulations to Joanna Dziadkowiec, who won third place at PhD Day's poster competition!
17 Apr 2018 - On April 27th, Jan Cornet will defend his PhD thesis on cavity closure in rock salt.
- Shaghayegh Javadi, Anja Røyne. Adhesive forces between two cleaved calcite surfaces in NaCl solutions: The importance of ionic strength and normal loading. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Vol. 532, 2018. doi: 10.1016/j.jcis.2018.08.027.
- Joanna Dziadkowiec, Shaghayegh Javadi, Jon Einar Bratvold, Ola Nilsen, and Anja Røyne. Surface Forces Apparatus measurements of interactions between rough and reactive calcite surfaces. Langmuir. Just Accepted Manuscript. DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.8b00797
- Beinlich, A., Austrheim, H., Mavromatis, V., Grguric, B., Putnis, Ch. V., Putnis, A. Peridotite weathering is the missing ingredient of Earth’s continental crust composition. Nature Communications. Volume 9, Article number: 634.
- Pluymakers A.; Liu J.; Kohler F.; Renard F.; Dysthe D. A high resolution interferometric method to measure local swelling due to CO2 exposure in coal and shale. International Journal of Coal Geology. Volume 187, 15 February 2018, Pages 131-142.
- Tobias Schmiedel, Olivier Galland and C. Breitkreuz. 2017, Journal of Geophysical Research, Dynamics of Sill and Laccolith Emplacement in the Brittle Crust: Role of Host Rock Strength and Deformation Mode. DOI: 10.1002/2017JB014468.